Adobe Edge Animate
2.0.3 / 18 June 2014
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows and limited compatibility on Mac OS X|
On August 1, 2011, Adobe announced the development of Edge as a new multimedia authoring tool to succeed the Flash platform for browser-delivered content, and released a preview version of the software, which was downloaded 50,000 times within 24 hours.
In November 2015, Adobe announced that Edge Animate and the rest of the Edge suite was no longer being actively developed. Instead, their core capabilities would be brought to other apps in their catalog like Adobe Animate, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe XD and Adobe Photoshop.
- "Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7 is now available!". Archived from the original on 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Edge Animate CC is not free for beta users". Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Adobe Edge Animate CC". Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Adobe Edge Animate CC". Adobe.com.
- "Adobe Edge Hits 50,000 downloads in first 24 hours". Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- Tom Loftus (2011-11-09). "Tech Today: Adobe to Drop Mobile Flash, 750 Jobs". WSJ. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Edge family of products | End of development". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2020-11-03.
- "Edge family of products | End of development". Adobe.