|Developer(s)||Adobe Inc. (2005–present)|
Macromedia (before 2005)
|Initial release||December 1997|
21.3 / June 2022
|Operating system||Windows 10 version 1703 and above, macOS 10.12 Sierra and above|
|Type||HTML editor, programming tool, integrated development environment (IDE)|
|License||Trialware software as a service|
Adobe Dreamweaver CC is a web design Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that is used to develop and design websites. Dreamweaver includes a code editor that supports syntax highlighting, code completion, real-time syntax checking, and code introspection for generating code hints to assist the user in writing code.
Since version 5, Dreamweaver supports syntax highlighting for the following languages:
- Active Server Pages (ASP).
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Extensible HyperText Markup Language (XHTML)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT)
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
- Visual Basic (VB)
- Visual Basic Script Edition (VBScript)
- Wireless Markup Language (WML)
Users can add their language syntax highlighting. Code completion is available for many of these languages.
Internationalization and Localization
Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 is available in the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean (Windows only), Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
Specific features for Arabic and Hebrew languages
The older Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 also features a Middle Eastern version that allows typing Arabic, Persian, Urdu, or Hebrew text (written from right to left) within the code view. Whether the text is fully Middle Eastern (written from right to left) or includes both English and Middle Eastern text (written left to right and right to left), it will be displayed properly.
- "Dreamweaver system requirements".. Retrieved on 2013-07-21.
- "Feature summary - Dreamweaver (June 2022 release)". June 2022. Retrieved 13 March 2023.
- "Adobe Completes Acquisition of Macromedia" (PDF). Press Releases. Adobe, Inc. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 November 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Learn to build dynamic websites and web applications". Dreamweaver Developer Center. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "Adobe Dreamweaver CS5-5.5 Troubleshooting" (PDF). adobe.com. 2015-11-05.
- "What's new (CS5.5)". adobe.com. 2021-12-22. Retrieved 2022-09-13.
- "Adobe Dreamweaver CS5: System Requirements and languages". Adobe Systems Incorporated. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Adobe Unveils Milestone 2015 Creative Cloud Release", News Release, Adobe Systems, 16 June 2015.
- "New features summary: Adobe Dreamweaver CC (2015 release)", Dreamweaver Help, Adobe Systems.