Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||CEO, NextBlock Global|
Co-Author, "Blockchain Revolution"
|Parent(s)||Don Tapscott, Ana Paula Lopes|
Early life and education
Tapscott was born in Toronto, Ontario and attended Upper Canada College. He holds a BA in Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought from Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts where he graduated in 2008.
Tapscott co-authored, with his father Don Tapscott, the 2016 book Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin is Changing Money, Business, and the World. The book became a The Globe and Mail as well as Toronto Star bestseller. Financial Times reviewed the book and wrote "The Tapscotts provide a thorough, balanced and enlightening guide to the next big thing",.
In October 2016, Tapscott gave his first TEDx Talk at TEDxSanFrancisco. He currently sits on the Advisory Board to Elections Canada, the independent, non-partisan agency responsible for conducting federal elections and referendums. He also serves as an advisory board member at early-stage start-ups, including Paycase  and nuco. Tapscott was part of the Blockchain delegation to the 2016 Democratic National Convention's sister event, Rock the Vote.
On November 5, 2017, he announced that NextBlock was forced to scrap IPO plans due to being dropped by their underwriter, CIBC, after the company is reported to have made false and misleading statements in its marketing materials.
- "Realizing the Potential of Blockchain: A Multistakeholder Approach to the Stewardship of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies," World Economic Forum White Paper, 2017.
- Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin is Changing Money, Business, and the World, PenguinRandomHouse, 2016. ISBN 978-0670069972.
- A Bitcoin Governance Network, Global Solution Networks White Paper, 2014.
- To the Breaking Point: Law and Political Emergency, UD-ALO Publishing, 2010. ISBN 978-0994042002
- "Review — 'Blockchain Revolution', by Don and Alex Tapscott". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "NextBlock Global's Launch Secures Initial Funding". ETHNews. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- "Don Tapscott Announces International Blockchain Research Institute". Nasdaq. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Old Boys, New Books". Old Times Magazine. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "About the Author". Amherst College. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Canada Under 21 news". BC Rugby News. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Rugby Canada names under-21 players to face U.S." The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "University of Toronto - Calgary, AB: Globe & Mail Bestseller "Blockchain Revolution" Book Launch". my.alumni.utoronto.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Don and Alex Tapscott predict upcoming digital revolution". The Star. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Alex Tapscott". TedX San Francisco. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Members of the Elections Canada Advisory Board". Elections Canada. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Paycase Advisors". VB Profiles. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Advisors and Board". Nuco. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Schedule". Rock the Vote.
- Group, BitFury (2016-07-28). "Representatives from Blockchain ecosystem descended on Philadelphia to talk about Blockchain and its potential for the next presidency". Medium. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Blockchain's Backers Gather to Push Governance for Technology". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "ALEX TAPSCOTT: THE BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION". Goldman Sachs.
- "NextBlock, a cryptocurrency venture-capital fund, scraps IPO plan". Toronto Star. Canadian Press. November 6, 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Shin, Laura. "Alex Tapscott's Crypto VC Firm Going Public With $100M CAD Falsely Touted 4 Blockchain Stars As Advisors". Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Shin, Laura. "Alex Tapscott's Crypto VC Firm Aborts Public Listing, Will Return Money After Falsehoods Revealed". Retrieved 7 November 2017.