Allegro Common Lisp
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
10.1 / April 20, 2017
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows (32 and 64-bit), Mac OS X (Intel, 32 and 64-bit), Linux (32 and 64-bit), FreeBSD (32-bit), Solaris (x64 and SPARC, 32 and 64-bit)|
Allegro Common Lisp is a commercial implementation of the Common Lisp programming language developed by Franz Inc. Allegro CL provides the full ANSI Common Lisp standard with many extensions (threads, CLOS streams, CLOS MOP, Unicode, SSL streams, implementations of various Internet protocols, OpenGL interface and more). The first version of Allegro Common Lisp was finished at the end of 1986, originally called Extended Common Lisp. Allegro CL is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and various Unix platforms, supporting 32 or 64 bits. Internationalization support is based on Unicode. It supports various external text encodings and provides string and character types based on UCS-2. Allegro CL can be used with and without its integrated development environment (IDE), which is available for Windows and Linux, and on Mac OS X in version 8.2. The IDE (written itself in Allegro CL) includes various development tools like an editor and an interface designer. Allegro CL can be used to deliver applications.
Allegro CL is available as a Free Express Edition (with some limitations like a limited heap space) for non-commercial use. Customers can get access to much of the source code of Allegro CL.
Allegro CL has been used to implement various applications:
- Naughty Dog used it for the development of various video games, implementing the development environments for Game Oriented Object Lisp  and Game Oriented Assembly Lisp
- Allegro CL has been used to implement scheduling systems for various telescopes including the Hubble Space Telescope and the Spitzer Space Telescope
- "Allegro CL 10.0 documentation". Franz.com. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- Common Lisp Implementations: A survey
- "Franz Inc. Company History". Franz.com. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- COMPUTERWORLD, August 4, 1986, Page 7
- "Allegro CL 10.0 Free Express Edition Downloads". Franz.com. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- Allegro Prolog (Allegro CL version 10.0 documentation)
- Databases - A New Frontier
- "Symmetric Multiprocessing documentation". Franz.com. 2012-05-30. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- "Notes on SMP, David Margolies" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- Allegro CL used by Naughty Dog for Jak & Daxter: the Precursor Legacy
- Making Crash Bandicoot - GOOL
- Generating a Long Range Plan for a New Class of Astronomical Observatories
- Scheduling Spitzer: The SIRPASS Story