America's Next Top Model (cycle 2)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 2)|
Cycle 2 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||11|
January 13 – March 23, 2004
|No. of contestants||12|
The second cycle of America's Next Top Model, premiered on January 13, 2004, and was hosted by model Tyra Banks. The show aimed to find the next top fashion model. The cycle's catch-phrase was, "They are all gorgeous, but only one has what it takes".
This was the only season to feature a cast of 12 contestants. The international destination for the cycle was Milan, Italy.
This was also the first appearance of Nigel Barker as a judge.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Episodes
- 2.1 The Girl Who Overslept
- 2.2 The Girl Who Has A Temper
- 2.3 The Girl Who Can Cry At The Drop Of A Hat
- 2.4 The Girl Who Needs Six Months Of Modeling School
- 2.5 The Girl Who Is A Visual Orgasm
- 2.6 The Girl Whose Lip Puffed Up
- 2.7 The Girl Who Is Dripping With Hypocrisy
- 2.8 The Girls Who Go To Milan
- 2.9 The Girl Who Is Afraid Of Snakes
- 2.10 The Girl Who Cheated
- 2.11 The Girl Who Is America's Next Top Model
- 3 Summaries
- 4 Top Model after the show
- 5 References
- 6 External links
(ages stated are at start of contest)
|Anna Bradfield||24||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)||LaGrange, Georgia||Episode 1||12|
|Bethany Harrison||22||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)||Houston, Texas||Episode 2||11|
|Heather Blumberg||18||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Moreno Valley, California||Episode 3||10|
|Jenascia Chakos||21||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||Burien, Washington||Episode 4||9|
|Xiomara Frans||25||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Morganville, New Jersey||Episode 5||8|
|Catie Anderson||18||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Willmar, Minnesota||Episode 6||7|
|Sara Racey-Tabrizi||22||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Seattle, Washington||Episode 7||6|
|Camille McDonald||25||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)||Mamaroneck, New York||Episode 8||5|
|April Wilkner||23||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Miami Beach, Florida||Episode 10||4|
|Shandi Sullivan||21||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Kansas City, Missouri||Episode 11||3|
|Mercedes Scelba-Shorte||21||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)||Valencia, California||2|
|Yoanna House||23||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Jacksonville, Florida||1|
The Girl Who Overslept
First aired January 13, 2004
The twelve finalists partook in a fashion show on a U.S. Navy ship, and a Garden of Eden-themed nude photo shoot for Fresh Look contact lenses with male models. Anna refused to participate in the shoot. The judging session saw Anna become the first model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Camille McDonald
- Bottom two: Anna Bradfield & Jenascia Chakos
- Eliminated: Anna Bradfield
- Featured photographer: Nigel Barker
- Special guests: Ed Libby, Jim De Yonker, Mike Randy, Ian Jones, Yohanea Cepeda
The Girl Who Has A Temper
First aired January 20, 2004
The eleven remaining finalists participated in a runway challenge, which was won by Catie. For the week's photo shoot, the finalists shot a campaign for Steve Madden 90210. The judging session saw Bethany become the second model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Catie Anderson
- Bottom two: Bethany Harrison & Shandi Sullivan
- Eliminated: Bethany Harrison
- Featured photographer: Ché Graham
- Special guests: Martin Snow, Maggie Rizer, Carmen Marc Valvo
The Girl Who Can Cry At The Drop Of A Hat
First aired January 27, 2004
The ten remaining finalists received makeovers, then had a challenge in make-up, won by Yoanna. For the photo shoot, the finalists modeled pieces of clothing from Laundry by Shelli Segal while suspended over a giant hole. The judging session saw Heather become the third model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Shandi Sullivan
- Bottom two: Heather Blumberg & Xiomara Frans
- Eliminated: Heather Blumberg
- Featured photographer: Richard Dean
- Special guests: Edward Tricomi, Joel Warren, Karima Casteneda, Julie Redfern, Mike Sharits, Mike Randi, Eric Niemand, Halle Bowman
The Girl Who Needs Six Months Of Modeling School
First aired February 3, 2004
The nine remaining finalists met fashion designer Betsey Johnson for a challenge in their personal style, which was won by Shandi. For the week's photo shoot, the contestants portrayed celebrities. The judging session saw Jenascia become the fourth model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte
- Bottom two: Catie Anderson & Jenascia Chakos
- Eliminated: Jenascia Chakos
- Featured photographer: Andrew Eccles
- Special guests: Simon Doonan, Adrianne Curry, Martin Snow, Danilo, Michael Carl, Betsey Johnson
The Girl Who Is A Visual Orgasm
First aired February 10, 2004
For the week's challenge, the eight remaining finalists did an interview with Janice Dickinson. The challenge winner was Mercedes. The week's photo shoot was a campaign for Quench Water and was shot underwater. The judging session saw Xiomara become the fifth model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Sara Racey-Tabrizi
- Bottom two: Camille McDonald & Xiomara Frans
- Eliminated: Xiomara Frans
- Featured photographer: George Holz
- Special guests: Sam Christensen, Suzannah Galland, Carolyn London, Nolé Marin
The Girl Whose Lip Puffed Up
First aired February 17, 2004
For the week's photo shoot, the seven remaining finalists had simple black-and-white beauty shots taken. The finalists participated in an acting challenge with Mark Collier, which was won by April, and shot a Matrix-themed commercial for Rollitos chips. The judging session saw Catie become the sixth model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: April Wilkner
- Bottom two: Camille McDonald & Catie Anderson
- Eliminated: Catie Anderson
- Featured photographer: Bill Heuberger
- Featured commercial director: James Gay
- Special guests: Tasha Smith-Arqese, Mark Collier, De La Guarda, Eric Niemand, Kyle Hagler
The Girl Who Is Dripping With Hypocrisy
First aired February 24, 2004
The six remaining contestants partook in a dancing challenge, which was won by April. Instead of a photo shoot, they appeared in the music video for Tyra Banks' "Shake Ya Body". The judging session saw Sara become the seventh model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Shandi Sullivan
- Bottom two: Sara Racey-Tabrizi & Yoanna House
- Eliminated: Sara Racey-Tabrizi
- Featured director: Kennedy
- Special guests: Rodney Jerkins, Tony Michaels
The Girls Who Go To Milan
First aired March 2, 2004
The five remaining finalists were flown to Milan, where they went on go-sees. This challenge was won by Camille. The photo shoot was a campaign for Solstice sunglasses. The judging session saw Camille become the eighth model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Shandi Sullivan
- Bottom two: Camille McDonald & Mercedes Scelba-Shorte
- Eliminated: Camille McDonald
- Special guests: Kyle Hagler, David Brown, Elena Cimarosti, Carlo De Amici, Kesia Elwin, Liliana Rolando, Nolé Marin, Michael Giannini
- Featured photographer: Massimo Costoli
The Girl Who Is Afraid Of Snakes
First aired March 9, 2004
This episode was an overview of the past eight episodes of the cycle which featured previously unseen footage.
The Girl Who Cheated
First aired March 16, 2004
For the week's challenge, the four remaining finalists were required to put together outfit that was high fashion and complemented their body the best. The challenge winner was Shandi. For the week's photo shoot, the girls did a nude shoot in pairs. The judging session saw April become the eighth model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Yoanna House
- Bottom two: April Wilkner & Mercedes Scelba-Shorte
- Eliminated: April Wilkner
- Featured photographers: Almicare Incalza, Alex Martinengo
- Special guests: Jean Luc, Nolé Marin, Loris Rocchi, Stephen Fairchild
The Girl Who Is America's Next Top Model
First aired March 23, 2004
The final three contestants were Yoanna House, Mercedes Scelba-Shorte and Shandi Sullivan. The penultimate judging session saw Shandi become the tenth model eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Mercedes Scelba Shorte
- Bottom two: Shandi Sullivan & Yoanna House
- Eliminated: Shandi Sullivan
- Featured photographer: Massimo Costoli
- Final two: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte & Yoanna House
- America's Next Top Model: Yoanna House
- Special guests: Nolé Marin, Gian Luca Guaitoli, Dean Caten, Dan Caten
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 1, Anna refused to participate in the shoot.
- Episode 9 was the recap episode.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Adam and Eve with siquens and paint
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Steve Madden shoes
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Laundry by Shelli Segal suspended over a giant hole
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Portraying celebrity icons
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Quench underwater nymphs
- Episode 6 photo shoot & Commercial: Black and white beauty shots; Rollitos chips commercial
- Episode 7 music video: "Shake Your Body" by Tyra Banks
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Solstice sunglasses in the Verona Arena
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Nude in pairs
- Episode 11 photo shoot: High fashion beauty shots
Other cast members
- April - Darkened with bangs
- Camille - Braids removed and long black straight weave added
- Catie - Twiggy inspired pixie cut
- Heather - A little more blonde
- Jenascia - Layered shoulder-length hair to suit height
- Mercedes - Animalistic curly extensions and lightened eyebrows
- Sara - Honey blonde highlights
- Shandi - Dyed platinum blonde and given contact lenses
- Xiomara - Wild extensions
- Yoanna - "Modern mohawk" style short crop
Top Model after the show
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Catie Anderson has done runway and has been signed with a few different LA agencies. She is currently signed with New York Model Management.
- Anna Bradfield has done print work for Robin Callender, Anthony R. Lloyd, The Cotrice Collection and Lila couture bridal gowns and has been featured on MyLittleSecretsOnline.com.
- Jenascia Chakos appeared in a few Seattle calendars, modeled for Jhon Catano-Betancur and had a child. She is now a fashion director for a magazine and appeared on an episode of Wheel of Fortune in June 2010.
- Xiomara Frans signed with Boss Models and has also appeared in the New York Post Latino Issue.
- Bethany Harrison got married and was featured in the Totally Texas Calendar.
- Yoanna House collected her prizes and signed with 1st Opinion Models. She has walked for various designers and did noted modeling work for Psychology Today, Hannah Anderson, Careline Cosmetics, Jane, Jacksonville, Metro Style, and is currently an icon for Sephora. She did commercial work for Declare Yourself, voting campaigns and cosmetics commercials with cycle 4 winner Naima Mora. She has also hosted television series such as Queen Bees and The Look for Less.
- Camille McDonald signed with Major Model Management, walked in a number of fashion shows and appeared in few magazines. She also launched her own line of lingerie called Lingerwear, for which Naima Mora modeled. She participated in the America's Next Top Model All Stars cycle alongside other former contestants, finishing in eleventh place.
- Sara Racey-Tabrizi signed with TBM Models, APM Models and Mensa Management, has done print work for L'Oréal, Converse, Pulse, King and Maxim and has landed small acting roles.
- Mercedes Scelba-Shorte did some commercial and print work and is a spokesperson for the Lupus foundation. She was once signed to Nous Model Management and is currently signed to Elite Model Management and Click Models under the name "Mercedes Yvette".
- Shandi Sullivan was signed with Trump Model Management. She now works as a DJ in New York City.
- April Wilkner signed with Race Model Management and Wilhelmina Models in New York City. She has done some print, runway and acting.
- "Two local women are vying for 'America's Next Top Model'". Seattle PI. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "UPN Orders Another Round of Top Model". Hollywood.com. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "Yoanna Takes "Top Model"". E Online. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Coleridge, Daniel R. "Top Model's Nude Attitude". TV Guide. Retrieved 7 November 2012.[dead link]
- "'Top Model' competitors give 'Italian sensual' look their best shot". Seattle PI. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- OSTERHELDT, JENEE (2004-03-25). "KC's `Top Model' looks ahead". Kansas City Star. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- HEFFERNAN, VIRGINIA. "CRITIC'S NOTEBOOK; Winners and Losers at Womanhood". New York Times. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Ward, Kate (2011-05-12). "'Top Model All-Stars' cast reported: Lisa D'Amato, Isis King in; Jade out". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-15.