Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 1)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 1)|
Cycle 1 cast
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||STAR World|
November 25, 2012 – February 17, 2013
|No. of contestants||14|
The first cycle of Asia's Next Top Model aired from November 2012 to February 2013. The international destinations for this cycle were Batam, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
The prize package for this cycle included a modeling contract Storm Model Management, a 3-month all-expenses-paid working trip to London, a cover feature in Harper's Bazaar Singapore, a S$100,000 cash prize, a position as the face of Canon IXUS' 2013 campaign, and a Subaru XV.
The winner of the competition was 19-year old Roxanne Tran, who represented Vietnam.
- 1 Cast
- 2 Episodes
- 2.1 Which Girl Can Handle the Limelight?
- 2.2 Which Girl Can Stand Out?
- 2.3 Which Girl Can Own a New Look?
- 2.4 Which Girl Exudes Sexy?
- 2.5 Style & Taste
- 2.6 Good Hair Day
- 2.7 Face Value
- 2.8 Mannerism & The Big Red Dress
- 2.9 Beyond Comfort
- 2.10 Girls on the Move
- 2.11 The Story So Far - The Road To Top 4
- 2.12 Hong Kong Extravaganza
- 2.13 Finale
- 3 Results
- 4 Notes
- 5 References
- 6 External links
(Ages stated are at start of contest)
|Singapore||Marina Tao||23||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Episode 1||14|
|Thailand||Zalani Chainarong||19||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Episode 2||13 (quit)|
|China||Shaina Chung||24||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 3||12|
|South Korea||Hwang Eun-ji||27||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)||Episode 4||11–10|
|Indonesia||Deborah Wurianto||24||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Indonesia||Kelsie Djenvy||23||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||Episode 5||9|
|Singapore||Jenna Zheng||22||1.67 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)||Episode 6||8|
|Malaysia||Madi Veramisth||21||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Episode 7||7|
|Taiwan||Brittany Chew||22||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 9||6|
|Japan||Kari Hirayama||20||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 10||5|
|Philippines||Dominique Garcia||24||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)||Episode 12||4|
|Philippines||Simone Rivera||22||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||Episode 13||3–2|
|Hong Kong||Leticia Tan||21||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Vietnam||Roxanne Tran||19||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)||1|
- Nadya Hutagalung (host)
- Daniel Boey
- Todd Anthony Tyler
Which Girl Can Handle the Limelight?
- First aired November 25, 2012
- Aired online December 14, 2012
The contestants were given their first challenge, in which they had to walk in a fashion show in front of a live audience wearing couture dresses. Roxanne was declared the winner of the challenge, winning a $5,000 shopping spree at Wisma Atria. For the week's photo shoot, they portrayed "quirky girls" while modelling clothes from Reckless Ericka. Leticia's photo was declared the best of the week. Marina and Shaina were the bottom two, with Marina being the first contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Todd Anthony Tyler
- Special guests: Afton Chen, Louis Koh, Lauren Clarke Jensen
Which Girl Can Stand Out?
- First aired December 2, 2012
- Aired online December 19, 2012
The contestants modeled in VIP private fashion show for designer Thomas Wee at the L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon at Resorts World Sentosa. Roxanne was the challenge winner, and her prizes were a demi-couture outfit from Wee and dinner at the restaurant with two other contestants of her choice (Dominique and Eun-ji). The week's photo shoot took place at the former Tanjong Pagar railway station, with the contestants portraying "virtual princesses" and modeling designs from the fall/winter 2012 Prada collection in groups. The group of Dominique, Jenna, Madi and Roxanne were declared the best-performing group at the photo shoot and their photograph was selected to be featured in Harper's Bazaar Singapore. Dominique was declared the best performer overall, with Deborah and Shaina being the bottom two. Neither of them were eliminated due to Zalani's withdrawal from the competition due to a family emergency.
- Special guests: Adam Williams, Thomas Wee, Junita Simon, Kenneth Goh
Which Girl Can Own a New Look?
- First aired December 9, 2012
- Aired online December 24, 2012
The contestants were taken to the Salon Le Point for makeovers. The photo shoot took place at Hong San See, and the contestants each portrayed one of the twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac, modeling designs by Tube Gallery.
Madi's photo was declared the best of the week. Eun-ji and Shaina were the bottom two, with Shaina being the second contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Akif Hakan Celebi
- Special guests: Phisit Jongnarangsin, Saksit Pisalasupongs
Which Girl Exudes Sexy?
- First aired December 16, 2012
- Aired online December 31, 2012
For the challenge, the contestants had to do "sexy" poses with everyday objects. Kelsie won the challenge, and as her prize, she was able to go out to dinner with judges Joey Mead King and Todd Anthony Tyler with two other contestants of her choice (Jenna and Leticia). At the photo shoot, the contestants posed with celebrity and host Jason Godfrey. Brittany received best photo, while Deborah and Eun-ji were the bottom two. Both of them were eliminated.
- Featured photographer: Todd Anthony Tyler
- Special guests: Jason Godfrey
Style & Taste
- First aired December 23, 2012
- Aired online January 07, 2013
The contestants then met Joey Mead King and Jeannie Mai for a challenge in Parco Next, in which they were split into groups of three and assigned to style themselves in either a "edgy", "quirky" or "sexy" way. The "edgy" group (Dominique, Leticia and Roxanne) were deemed the best, but the overall winner was Dominique. For the photo shoot, the contestants traveled to Nongsa Point Marina and Resort in Batam, and had to portray French Riviera women. Leticia received best photo, while Kelsie and Madi were the bottom two with Kelsie being the fifth contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Chuck Reyes
- Special guests: Jeannie Mai
Good Hair Day
- First aired December 30, 2012
- Aired online January 15, 2013
For the challenge, the contestants were asked to write their own scripts and film a commercial for TRESemmé. The challenge was won by Brittany. The week's photo shoot was a beauty shoot for TRESemmé. The judges deemed Roxanne's photograph to be the best, while Leticia and Jenna were the bottom two with Jenna being the sixth contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Zhang Jingna
- First aired January 6, 2013
- Aired online January 22, 2013
The contestants were given a tutorial on runway makeup, and for their challenge they had to recreate the look created in the tutorial. Dominique won the challenge, and she chose Madi to accompany her for a spa treatment at Resorts World Singapore. For the week's photo shoot, the contestants shot a campaign for World Wide Fund for Nature. Leticia received best photo for the third consecutive time, while Dominique and Madi were the bottom two with Madi being the seventh contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Kevin Ou
- Special guests: Elaine Tan
Mannerism & The Big Red Dress
- First aired January 13, 2013
- Aired online January 29, 2013
The contestants were set a "mini-challenge" on etiquette, which was won by Brittanie. Then main challenge was a red carpet event for fashion label Farah Khan, and was won by Dominique. For the photo shoot, the contestants modeled a dress with a long train at Universal Studios Singapore. Kari received best photo, while Brittany and Simone were the bottom two. Neither were eliminated.
- Featured photographer: Toon Liang
- Special guests: George Young, Yuan Sng
- First aired January 20, 2013
- Aired online February 05, 2013
For the week's challenge, the contestants shot a TV commercial for Playboy fragrances. Roxanne won the challenge and received a Playboy hamper, an exclusive perfume with Swarovski elements, a friend of an unaired daytrip to Universal Studios Singapore and an extra 15 minutes on the next photo shoot session. For the photo shoot, the contestants portrayed mermaids in an underwater photo shoot, modeling designs by Michael Cinco. Simone received best photo, while Brittany and Kari were the bottom two with Brittany being the eighth contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Aaron Wong
- Special guests: Michael Cinco, Fons Houtkamp, Lauren Clarke Jensen
Girls on the Move
- First aired January 27, 2013
- Aired online February 12, 2013
For the week's challenge, the contestants filmed a "motion editorial" for Subaru's sports utility vehicle Subaru XV. Roxanne won the challenge, with her prize being a Subaru package and $1,000 shopping spree at Tyan Boutique at the ION Orchard. The week's photo shoot was a black-and-white shoot. Leticia received best photo for the fourth consecutive time, while Dominique and Kari were the bottom two with Kari being the ninth contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Todd Anthony Tyler
- Special guests: Sheena Seah, Paula Taylor, Glenn Tan
The Story So Far - The Road To Top 4
- First aired February 03, 2013
- Aired online February 08, 2013
This episode showed previously unseen footage and recapped the first ten weeks of the competition.
- Special guests: Emmanuel Stroobant
Hong Kong Extravaganza
- First aired February 10, 2013
- Aired online February 14, 2013
The contestants traveled to Hong Kong, where they attended go-sees for the week's challenge. Roxanne won the challenge with three go-sees booked booking, with her prize being a two-night stay at Hotel Mira. For the photo shoot, the contestants portrayed 1920's-inspired modern Chinese "screen goddesses" in the streets of Hong Kong. Roxanne received best photo, while Dominique and Simone were in the bottom two with Amanda being the tenth contestant eliminated from the competition.
- Featured photographer: Akif Hakan
- Special guests: Cara Grogan, Jonathan Li, Jane Lombard, Sue Ng, Fons Houtkamp, Christelle Simeon, Jing Wong, Dirk Dalichau, Wendy Mak
- First aired February 17, 2013
- Aired online February 21, 2013
The final three contestants were Leticia Tan, Roxanne Tran and Simone Rivera. They filmed a commercial for Canon IXUS, shot a cover shoot for Harper's Bazaar Singapore and walked in a fashion show with previously eliminated contestants and Brittani Kline, the winner of cycle 16 of America's Next Top Model. America's Next Top Model presenter Tyra Banks sat on the panel for the final deliberation. Roxanne was crowned the first winner of Asia's Next Top Model.
- Special guests: Carol Lim, Tyra Banks, Sophie Sumner, Kenneth Goh, Marina Fairfax, Frederick Lee
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant was part of a non-elimination bottom two
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 2, Zalani withdrew from the competition due to a family emergency. Deborah and Shaina landed in the bottom two during elimination, but neither of them were eliminated due to Zalani's withdrawal. Jenna was absent for that week's elimination after having fainted at panel.
- In episode 4, Deborah and Eun-ji landed in the bottom two. Both of them were eliminated.
- In episode 8, Brittany and Simone landed in the bottom two. Neither of them was eliminated.