Belleville High School-East
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Belleville High School-East|
|2555 West Boulevard
|School district||Belleville Township High School District 201|
|Faculty||117.0 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||22.9:1|
|Color(s)||Columbia blue, navy blue and white|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Conference|
Prior to 1966, Belleville Township School District operated only one school, Belleville Township High School, which was the old Belleville West campus (a new campus has since been built). The growth of the district prompted the local board of education to construct a new campus and divide the student body between the two schools. The new campus was built in a college format with many different buildings. The newly commissioned Belleville Area College (now Southwestern Illinois College) occupied half of the campus while the new high school occupied the other. Enrollment in the school increased rapidly and the college was forced to move to a new location. Major renovations were completed in 2009. These included new landscaping, more classrooms, remodeled classrooms and buildings, new lockers, and a new cafeteria.
- Matt Russell, All-American college football player, professional football player, linebacker, professional sports administrator.
- Warren Herring, NFL player, signed by Atlanta Falcons, played college at University of Wisconsin
- Malcolm Hill, ESPN ranked #72 basketball player in Class of 2013, starter at University of Illinois
- Rob Strano, former touring professional golfer; PGA Tour; Nike/Buy.Com/Nationwide Tour; Golf Channel Academy; golf instructor
- Randy Wells, former MLB player (Chicago Cubs)