Gonsley Cottages, Blakenhall
|Blakenhall shown within Cheshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Blakenhall is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England, about seven miles south-east of Nantwich. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 125, including the civil parishES of Checkley cum Wrinehill and Lea, Cheshire and increasing to 283 at the 2011 Census.
Blakenhall is administered by Doddington and District Parish Council, which also includes the parishes of Bridgemere, Checkley cum Wrinehill, Doddington, Hunsterson and Lea. From 1974 the civil parish was served by Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council, which was succeeded on 1 April 2009 by the new unitary authority of Cheshire East. Blakenhall falls in the parliamentary constituency of Crewe and Nantwich, which has been represented by Edward Timpson since a by-election in 2008.
The parish contains one building designated by English Heritage as a listed building. This is Blakenhall Farmhouse, which is listed at Grade II. Grade II is the lowest of the three gradings given to listed buildings and is granted to "buildings of national importance and special interest". The farmhouse dates from the 17th century, and is constructed in brick with a tiled roof. It is in two storeys, and has a three-bay entrance front with three gabled dormers. Inside the farmhouse is an inglenook with a bressumer.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Doddington and District Parish Council Official Web Site Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine. (accessed 18 August 2007)
- Cheshire (Structural Changes) Order 2008 Archived May 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Cheshire County Council: Interactive Mapping: Crewe and Nantwich (accessed 27 January 2009)
- Historic England, "Blakenhall Farmhouse (1330159)", National Heritage List for England, retrieved 21 November 2013
- Listed Buildings, English Heritage, 2010, archived from the original on 24 January 2013, retrieved 21 November 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blakenhall, Cheshire.|