Locomotives at Basford Hall railway yard
Basford shown within Cheshire
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||Cheshire East|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
|UK Parliament||Crewe and Nantwich|
Basford is a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England, just south of Crewe. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 266, reducing slightly to 256 at the 2011 Census.
The civil parish is administered jointly with the adjacent parish of Weston. The Weston and Basford Parish Council meets monthly and discusses a wide range of community issues. From 1974 the civil parish was served by Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council, which was succeeded on 1 April 2009 by the new unitary authority of Cheshire East. Basford falls in the parliamentary constituency of Crewe and Nantwich, which has been represented by Edward Timpson since a by-election in 2008.
- "Civil population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Cheshire East Council: Parish Council Details: Weston and Basford Parish Council (accessed 2 March 2012)
- Weston & Basford Online: Parish Council (accessed 2 March 2012)
- Cheshire (Structural Changes) Order 2008
- Cheshire County Council: Interactive Mapping: Crewe and Nantwich (accessed 27 January 2009)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Basford, Cheshire.|
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|