Checkley cum Wrinehill
|Checkley cum Wrinehill|
|Checkley cum Wrinehill shown within Cheshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Checkley cum Wrinehill is a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England, which lies adjacent to the boundaries with Shropshire and Staffordshire. The hamlet of Checkley (at ) lies to the south east of Crewe and to the west of Newcastle-under-Lyme. The parish is largely rural but also includes the small settlements of Bunkers Hill and Randilow. Wrinehill was formerly included in the parish, becoming part of Staffordshire in 1965. Nearby villages include Blakenhall, Bridgemere, Madeley and Woore.
Checkley cum Wrinehill is administered by Doddington and District Parish Council, which also includes the parishes of Blakenhall, Bridgemere, Doddington, Hunsterson and Lea. From 1974 the civil parish was served by Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council, which was succeeded on 1 April 2009 by the new unitary authority of Cheshire East. Checkley cum Wrinehill falls in the parliamentary constituency of Crewe and Nantwich, which has been represented by Edward Timpson since a by-election in 2008.
Geography and transport
According to the 2001 census, the parishes of Checkley cum Wrinehill and Lea had a combined population of 129. At the 2011 Census the civil parish population was measured as less than 100. Details are included in the civil parish of Blakenhall, Cheshire. The parish formerly had population figures of 240 (1801), 203 (1851), 206 (1901) and 220 (1951).
- Genuki: Checkley cum Wrinehill (accessed 16 August 2007)
- Doddington and District Parish Council Official Web Site Archived September 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. (accessed 18 August 2007)
- Cheshire (Structural Changes) Order 2008 Archived May 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Cheshire County Council: Interactive Mapping: Crewe and Nantwich (accessed 27 January 2009)
- Combining Cheshire County Council: Local Statistics: Blakenhall - Checkly cum Wrinehill - Lea & Neighbourhood Statistics: Blakenhall CP (accessed 17 August 2007)
Media related to Checkley cum Wrinehill at Wikimedia Commons