Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management
|Formation||1993 (26 years ago) as BIFM|
|Headquarters||Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom|
|17,000+ (at June 2018)|
|Affiliations||Construction Industry Council|
The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM; formerly the British Institute of Facilities Management, BIFM) is a United Kingdom-based professional association for the facilities management sector.
BIFM was formed in 1993 to promote the development of facilities management as a critical, professional and strategic business discipline. In June 2018 the BIFM had around 17,000 individual members.
BIFM was a founding member of the Global Facility Management Association (Global FM), and a full member of the Construction Industry Council.
In May 2018, the BIFM proposed changing its name to the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management and attaining chartered body status. The name change was implemented in November 2018.
- "About us". BIFM. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- OBeirne, Sarah (31 May 2018). "FM Clinic: Debate on BIFM's proposed rebrand and application for chartered body status". Facilities Management Journal. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Atkin, Brian; Brooks, Adrian (2009). Total Facilities Management (3rd ed.). London: John Wiley & Sons. p. 4. ISBN 9781444316131.
- "CIC Members". Construction Industry Council. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Working up a theme". FM World. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Obeirne, Sarah (16 November 2018). "BIFM makes big switch to IWFM with a new ten point plan". Facilities Management Journal. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a professional association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This real estate article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|