Bubble Tape is a type of Hubba Bubba bubble gum produced by Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, and introduced in 1988. It experienced its greatest popularity in the early 1990s due to its unique packaging and direct marketing to preteen children ("it's six feet of bubble gum - for you, not them"—"them" referring to parents or just adults in general). At the peak of its popularity, over 1 million containers for Bubble Tape were being manufactured a week. Today, it is still a common find in most supermarkets, although advertising campaigns for it have subsided significantly.
Bubble Tape comes in a small, round, plastic container similar in size to a hockey puck. This contains six feet (1.8 m) of gum wrapped in a spiral. The container functions much like a tape dispenser, although the top half can be removed or broken off.
Most flavors are those available from the regular Hubba Bubba chewing gum line:
- Awesome Original
- Sour Green Apple
- Sour Watermelon
- Sour Blue Raspberry
- Cotton Candy
- Strapping Strawberry
- Juicy Fruit
- Gushing Grape
- Snappy Strawberry
- Triple Treat (also titled 'Triple Mix') – A mix of strawberry, blueberry, and watermelon
- Sugar Free Very Berry – A dentist-recommended version of Bubble Tape, a mix of grape and blue raspberry
- Candy Cane – A seasonal flavor
- Tangy Tropical
- Cola Party
Purple Tape Grape flavour
Also available in
- Mega Roll – 10 feet (3.0 m) of Bubble Tape gum
- King Size – 9 feet (2.7 m) of Bubble Tape gum
- Savan, Leslie (2010). Temple University Press. Temple University Press. p. 256. ISBN 978-1439904909.
- "Trade registration information for "Bubble Tape"". Trademarkia. Archived from the original on September 13, 2012. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- Winn, John. "Bubble Tape – Six Feet of Fun". Racket Magazine. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "Bubble Tape". NewPhase Development. Archived from the original on September 4, 2012. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
|This confectionery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|