|Slogan||CJAY 92 rocks!|
|Frequency||92.1 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||June 1, 1977|
|HAAT||298.5 meters (979 ft)|
|Transmitter coordinates||Calgary, AB:
Banff, AB: ,
Lake Louise, AB: ,
(Bell Media Radio G.P.)
|Sister stations||CKMX, CIBK-FM|
CJAY-92 is a Canadian radio station that broadcasts an active rock format at 92.1 FM in Calgary, Alberta. The station uses its on-air brand name as CJAY 92 and is owned by Bell Media. CJAY operates repeater transmitters located in Banff, Alberta and Invermere, British Columbia (99.7 FM). Its founder was Ralph Connor, who moved to Calgary from Sudbury, Ontario to start the station. CJAY's studios are located on Centre Street in Eau Claire, while its transmitter is located at Old Banff Coach Road and 85 Street Southwest.
CJAY-FM was owned by Standard Broadcasting until 2007, when Standard Radio was acquired by Astral from Standard Broadcasting due to Standard's exit from terrestrial broadcasting. As part of Astral's merger with Bell Media on June 27, 2013, CJAY is now owned by Bell Media.
CJAY is currently ranked at #10 in the Calgary market 12+ ratings as of Fall 2014.
|City of license||Identifier||Frequency||Power||RECNet||CRTC Decision|
|Lake Louise||CJAY-FM-2||97.5||50 watts||Query||790168|
|Invermere, British Columbia||CJAY-FM-3||99.7||50 watts||Query||790362|
- "Music and Film in Motion offering local musicians advice on getting on-air", Sudbury Star, online edition, accessed 22 May 2009.
- Fall 2014 Calgary PPM Ratings
- CJAY 92
- Canadian Broadcast Standards Council 2004 decision against CJAY
- Recent (2005) radio ratings for major Canadian markets
- CJAY history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJAY-FM
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJAY-FM-1
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJAY-FM-2
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CJAY-FM-3
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CJAY-FM.|