Chabad on Campus International Foundation
|Part of a series on|
|Places and landmarks|
Chabad on Campus International Foundation is a division of Merkos L'Inyonei Chinuch, the educational arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. It is the largest Jewish organization serving college campuses, with over 185 permanent branches on North American campuses, and an additional 250 globally.
The Chabad on Campus International Foundation assists local Chabad Student Centers worldwide. This includes logistical support and staff training, as well as centralized programming such as national Shabbatons and student leadership retreats. The Foundation provides grants to encourage creative local programming.
The first campus Chabad House, UCLA Chabad House, was established under the Rebbe's direction by Rabbi Shlomo Cunin on the UCLA campus in 1969. Since 2001 the Chabad campus presence has tripled (78 new centers).
- Chabad on Campus Homepage
- "JLI to offer medicine, morals course". gmnews.com. Retrieved Sep 24, 2014.
- The Visual Culture of Chabad, Maya Balakirsky Katz, Cambridge University Press, 2010, page 152.
- The Rebbe's Army: Inside the World of Chabad-Lubavitch, Sue Fishkoff, Random House, 2009
- "Medicine and Morals course in Brisbane". www.jwire.com.au. Retrieved Sep 26, 2014.