Chitkara Institute of Engineering and Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Chitkara Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|Director||Jwala Ji (Final year ECE)|
|Location||Chandigarh, Punjab, India|
|Affiliations||Punjab Technical University|
Chitkara Institute of Engineering and Technology is an engineering college in Chandigarh, Punjab, north India. It was founded by Dr. Ashok Chitkara in 1998 and is approved by the All-India Council of Technical Education and was affiliated to Punjab Technical University until 2010. It has a strong emphasis on networking and collaborating with regional technical corporations.
Chitkara Educational Trust initiated its higher education programs in the year 2002 on the Punjab campus which is around 30 km (19 mi) from Chandigarh and the same distance from Patiala and Ambala.
The institute offers four-year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) programs:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
CIET also offers:
- Three-year Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Three-year Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Three-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Two-year Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
Chitkara and Synopsys have joined to conduct an ME program in Microelectronic Systems.
A team named The TrailBlazers from the institute participated in the NASA second Annual Lunabotics Mining Competition held at Kennedy Space Center, Florida, USA.
- 2011, Lunabotics mining Competition. "http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/centers/kennedy/technology/lunabotics.html". Lunabotics homepage. NASA.