Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
|Location||Darling Point, Sydney, Australia|
|Website||Cruising Yacht Club of Australia|
The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA) was established in 1944 in Darling Point, inner-east Sydney. The club is known as one of Australia's premier yacht clubs, and is acknowledged as one of the leaders in ocean racing in the country. The club hosts the annual Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
In 2019, the CYCA celebrated the 75th anniversary of both the club and the race to Hobart, with celebrations of the event.
In October 2018 the Club finished a major makeover to its Darling Point premises, with the clubhouse renovated.
Board of Directors
As of 2022–2023:
- Commodore – Arthur Lane
- Vice-Commodore – Dr Sam Haynes
- Rear-Commodores – Tom Barker & Peter Gothard
- Treasurer – David Jacobs
- Directors – David Griffith, Jackie Sapir, Jules Hall & Kevin Whelan
- https://cyca.com.au/celebrating75/ celebrations
- https://cyca.com.au/introducing-our-new-look-clubhouse/ new-look Clubhouse
- "Board of Directors". Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
- Colfelt, David (2011). From ratbags to respectability: a history of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia. Woolloomooloo: Focus Publishing Interactive. ISBN 1921156341.
- Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
- Rolex Sydney-to-Hobart Yacht Race
- 2005 Sydney-to-Hobart Media Information