||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"Enjoy safer technology" (formerly "We protect your digital worlds" and "Think Smart")
|Private Limited Company|
Number of employees
ESET is an IT security company headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia that was founded in 1992. The company was awarded the recognition of the most successful Slovak company in 2008, 2009 and in 2010.
The company was founded in 1992 when Miroslav Trnka and Peter Paško, authors of antivirus software NOD, partnered up with Rudolf Hrubý. They adopted the name of the Egyptian goddess of health, marriage and love as the company name. In 1998 NOD received the VB100 award of Virus Bulletin, which helped the company establish subsidiaries in the United States, Argentina and Singapore, and development facilities in Poland and Czech Republic.
- 1987 - The first version of antivirus NOD is created by Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka
- 1992 - Founding of ESET spol. s.r.o. in Czechoslovakia (nowadays in Slovakia)
- 1998 - ESET NOD32 Antivirus received the first Virus Bulletin Test award
- 1999 - Forming of ESET, LLC in San Diego, United States
- 2001 - Founding of ESET Software Company in Prague, Czech Republic
- 2008 - Founding of ESET Research and Development Center in Poland
- 2012 - Founding of ESET Research and Development Center in Montreal, Canada
- 2013 - ESET launches ESET Secure Authentication, the first authentication product of the company
- 2013 - ESET launches Managed Service Provider (MSP) Program
ESET is privately held and has branch offices in San Diego, United States; Montreal, Canada; Buenos Aires, Argentina; São Paulo, Brazil; Prague, Czech Republic; Kraków, Poland, Singapore; and Australia as well as distributors in over 180 countries.
According to Gartner, ESET showed the largest worldwide growth rate within the Consumer Security industry for 2011. ESET falls within the Niche Player category of the Gartner Magic Quadrant. According to the Gartner report, "ESET has built a substantial installed base in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, particularly in Eastern Europe, and it has a rapidly growing Small and medium-sized business presence in North America. Its Completeness of Vision score benefits from good malware effectiveness in a lightweight client, but it still suffers from weak enterprise management capabilities and lack of investment in market-leading features, such as application control and virtualization support. ESET is a good shortlist option for organizations seeking an effective, lightweight anti-malware solution.".
According to Frost & Sullivan, "ESET offers high-performance, proactive endpoint security solutions, and the company goes above and beyond the competition to add value to its products by educating both Mac and PC users on how to defend themselves against the latest cyber threats" and it concluded that "ESET will continue to maintain a strong presence in the endpoint security market and provide high value to its customers.". It awarded ESET the 2012 North American Endpoint Security Products Customer Value Enhancement Award and the 2011 Global Customer Value Enhancement Award.
ESET Endpoint Security was rated Five Stars by SC Magazine, and won the Best Antivirus Software of 2013 award by Maximum PC. It further received the Parent Tested Parent Approved seal from PTPA Media.
In 2009, CNET awarded ESET Smart Security 4 the CNET Editor's Choice Award under the Internet security suite category. Reviewers stated that "ESET Smart Security is surprisingly light, consuming around 50MB of RAM when running" and concluded that "For getting all your security tools in one box, Smart Security is an effective and well-respected choice.".
In early 2013, Maximum PC awarded ESET Smart Security 5 a 6/10 rating and was impressed with its comparative strengths. Reviewers stated that "Things weren’t quite as bad as they were with McAfee, and ESET did a much better job at blocking polluted downloads and keeping us away from murky websites.", but concluded with "We had high hopes for ESET, but we are ultimately let down by this year’s release."
In late 2013, Maximum PC awarded ESET Smart Security 6 a 9/10 rating and was impressed with the improvements made in version 6. Reviewers were unimpressed with the user interface, stating that "There’s nothing flashy about ESET’s interface. It hasn’t been modernized for Windows 8 or touchscreen displays" although they concluded "We dinged the program last year for letting a few nasty containments through, a rare misstep for a program that’s collected a dozen straight VB100 awards from Virus Bulletin in the past two years. It fared much better in our tests this time around."
ESET products are tested and certified by organizations such as AV-Comparatives (Advanced+, Approved Corporate Product), AV-TEST, Virus Bulletin, ICSA Labs, West Coast Labs (Checkmark), CheckVir (Highest Advanced Rank), VMware (VMware Ready) and Microsoft (Windows 8 Certified). ESET set a world-record when it received 80 consecutive VB100 awards from Virus Bulletin.
- Home/Home Office
- ESET Smart Security 9
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9
- ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac®
- ESET Cyber Security for Mac®
- ESET Mobile Security for Android™
- ESET Anti-Theft
- Business Solutions
- ENDPOINT AND MOBILE SECURITY:
- ESET Endpoint Security (OSX, Windows)
- ESET Endpoint Antivirus (OSX, Windows)
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business for Linux Desktop
- ESET Endpoint Security for Android
- SERVER SOLUTIONS:
- ESET File Security For Windows Server
- ESET File Security for Linux / BSD / Solaris
- ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
- ESET Mail Security for Linux / BSD / Solaris
- ESET Mail Security for IBM Lotus Domino
- ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint
- ESET Security for Kerio
- ESET Gateway Security for Linux / BSD / Solaris
- DATA & ACCESS PROTECTION:
- ESET Secure Authentication
- DESlock+ Data Encryption
- Free Tools
- ESET Online Scanner
- ESET Social Media Scanner
- ESET AV Remover
- ESET SysRescue Live
- ESET SysInspector
- ESET Remote Administrator
- Kaseya RMM Integration Plugin
- LabTech RMM Integration Plugin
ESET Remote Administrator is a free central management console designed to allow network administrators to manage ESET software across a corporate network. On February 25th, 2015 ESET released Remote Administrator 6, a completely re-written platform to administer ESET software from a browser or mobile device.
ESET SysRescue Live is a Linux-based bootable Live CD/USB image that can be used to boot and clean heavily-infected computers independent of the installed operating system. The program is offered free of charge, and can download updates if a network connection is present.
- "ESET :: Download :: For Home". Eset.com. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "ESET reveals what the future holds for cybersecurity and the fight against hackers". IBTimes UK. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "About ESET: Company Profile: History". ESET. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Firma roka je Eset a najúspešnejšia banka VÚB" (in Slovak). SME. 10 November 2009. Retrieved 28 April 2010. "Eset je len treťou spoločnosťou, ktorá dokázala titul Firma roka obhájiť."
- Doktor, Vladislav (11 November 2009). "Eset je opäť firmou roka" (in Slovak). Hospodárske noviny. Archived from the original on 17 August 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2010. "Firmou roka v dvanástom ročníku udeľovania cien za mimoriadne podnikateľské výsledky týždenníka Trend sa včera stala softvérová spoločnosť Eset, ktorá obhájila vlaňajší primát."
- Jozef Andacký (10 July 2014), Začiatky Esetu (in Slovak), p. 13, ISSN 1335-0684
- "About ESET :: Company Profile :: History". Eset.com. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "ESET Opens Research & Development Center in Canada at Montreal's École Polytechnique Campus". Polytechnique Montreal. 17 April 2012.
- "ESET Secure Authentication: New Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) System Protects Passwords and Prevents Data Breaches". Yahoo!. 21 February 2013.[dead link]
- "ESET is opening R&D Center in Canada at Polytechnique Montréal". École Polytechnique de Montréal. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "ESET opens Asia-Pacific headquarters in Singapore". Version-2 Limited. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "ESET Tops Worldwide Growth List for Consumer Security in Leading Industry Analyst Firm's Security Software Market Share Report". BusinessWire. SAN DIEGO. 2012-04-26.
- "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms". AntiVirusSales. 2014-01-17.
- "ESET Receives 2011 Frost & Sullivan Global Customer Value Enhancement Award". ESET. 2011-06-22.
- "Frost & Sullivan Honors Industry Innovators, Superlative Accomplishments Recognized at Best Practices Awards Gala". Frost & Sullivan. 2013-03-13.
- Awards & Certifications, ESET
- Awards, Certifications and Accolades, ESET
- Turrentine, Lindsey (2009-04-22). "23 downloads win CNET Editors' Choice". CNET.
- ESET Smart Security Wins CNET Editors' Choice Award, ESET Press Center
- Lilly, Paul (2013-04-22). "Choose Your Defender! 10 Anti-Virus Programs Reviewed and Compared". Maximum PC.
- Lilly, Paul (2013-06-17). "Best Antivirus 2013". Maximum PC.
- "Virus Bulletin VB100 Results Overview: ESET". Virus Bulletin. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- ESET Sets Record for Consecutive Virus Bulletin Awards with 80th VB100 Award, ESET Press Center
- "''ESET Products for Home Users''". ESET. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "''ESET Business Solutions''". ESET. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "''Utilities''". ESET. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "ESET SysRescue Live". ESET. 2014-04-30. Retrieved 2014-10-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ESET.|