Trend Micro Internet Security
Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
|Stable release||Internet Security 2015 / September 16, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Trend Micro Internet Security (known as PC-cillin Internet Security in Australia and Virus Buster in Japan) is an antivirus and online security program developed by Trend Micro for the consumer market. According to NSS Lab comparative analysis of software products for this market in 2014, Trend Micro Internet Security was fastest in responding to new internet threats.
In addition to anti-malware and web threat protection, the premium version of this software includes compatibility for PCs, Macs, Android or iOS mobile devices; parental controls; identity theft prevention; a privacy scanner for major social networking sites; and 25 GB of cloud storage.
- Email safety scan
- Two-way firewall
- Website authentication
- Home network protection
- Parental controls and filtering
The software also includes:
Trend Micro Premium Security includes additional features, including:
- Wireless network validation
- keylogger protection
- Online data backup
- Remote file and folder permissions control
- PC tuning and cleanup
- Security programs for mobile devices that run on Android, Symbian, and Windows Mobile operating systems
- Cloud storage (25 GB)
Trend Micro Maximum Security scored the highest success rate in blocking malware downloads in NSS Labs’ 2014 Consumer Endpoint Protection test focused on Socially Engineered Malware. The results were based on continuous series of tests to determine the participants’ effectiveness against socially engineered malware. NSS Labs is an independent network testing facility, security and consultancy organization. NSS Labs also found that Trend Micro had the quickest time in adding protection against unknown threats - less than 15 minutes.
In June 2014, AV-Test published results for its mobile security endurance tests, which assessed more than 30 apps over a six-month period. Trend Micro’s mobile security tied for the highest overall score of 13 out of 13 points.
Previous versions include:
- PC-cillin 2000
- PC-cillin 2002
- PC-cillin 2003
- PC-cillin Internet Security v11/2004
- PC-cillin Internet Security v12/2005
- PC-cillin Internet Security v14/2006
- Trend Micro Internet Security v15/2007
- Trend Micro Internet Security v16/2008
- Trend Micro Internet Security v17/2009
- Trend Micro Internet Security v18/2010
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security v19/2011
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security v20/2012
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security v21/2013
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security v22/2014
- Trend Micro Internet Security v23/2015
As of January 2015, Trend Micro supported Trend Micro Internet Security versions 19/2011 and higher.
PC-cillin 2000 and earlier versions were virus scanners without any additional features. PC-cillin 2002 and 2003 were stand-alone virus scanners which also included a firewall component and improved the on the software’s scanning and virus detection engine. Newer versions of Trend Micro Internet Security offer additional features such as spyware protection, antispam and an integrated firewall along with an improved scanning and virus detection engine and enhanced heuristics. PC-cillin 2003 was the last stand-alone antivirus product offered by Trend Micro until 2007, when the company released a standalone anti-malware product that offered protection from malicious software including viruses, spyware, and adware.
- Randy Abrams; Jayendra Pathak; Mohamed Saher; Ahmed Garhy. "Consumer EPP Comparative Analysis" (pdf). NSS Labs. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Trend Micro Internet Security" (pdf). Trend Micro. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Anti-Virus Comparative Summary Report 2013" (pdf). AV-Comparatives. December 2013.
- "Whole Product Dynamic "Real-World" Protection Test" (pdf). AV-Comparatives. December 2014.
- "The best antivirus software for Windows Home User". AV-TEST. September 2014. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Markus Selinger (24 June 2014). "36 Security Apps for Android Are Put Under Constant Fire". AV-TEST. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Titanium Internet Security Support". Trend Micro. Retrieved 15 March 2015.