|Motto||"Aspire to Achieve"|
|Chairman||Sara bint Faisal Al Saud|
|President||Haifa Reda Jamalallail|
|Colors||Black and blue|
Effat University (Arabic: جامعة عفّت) is a private non-profit institution of higher education for women in Saudi Arabia, operating under the umbrella of King Faisal Charitable Foundation. On 30 January 2009, Effat College became Effat University. The inauguration of its three colleges, the establishment of the Research and Consultancy Institute, and success achieved on the academic, education and social levels, paved the way to becoming a university.
Effat College was founded by the children of King Faisal and Iffat Al Thunayyan. Princess Lolowah Al Faisal played a prominent role in its founding, from raising funds, developing the curriculum, overseeing construction to the hiring of faculty and staff. Sara bint Faisal is the chair of the board of founders and board of trustees, while Lolowah is vice chair and general supervisor of the university. Effat University is considered the first private woman college in Saudi Arabia.
Effat University consists of the following departments:
- College of Engineering:
Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Systems departments
- College of Architecture and Design:
Architecture, Visual and Digital Production, and Design departments
- College of Business:
Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management, Operation and Information Management, and Entrepreneurship
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences:
English and Translation and Psychology departments
- Graduate Studies:
Masters in Islamic Financial Management (MIFM), Master of Science in Urban Design (MSUD), and Master of Science in Translation Studies (MTS)
Effat University has built relationships and agreements with national and international institutions and universities. It has partnered with Syracuse University, Swarthmore College, Georgetown University, Mount Holyoke College, The Prince's School of Traditional Arts, American University of Cairo, the French General Consulate, Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering, University of Miami School of Architecture, University of Cincinnati College of Education Criminal Justice and Human Services, and the USC School of Cinematic Arts.
- Al Jassem, Diana. Effat University's Graduate Program Gets Approval Arab News 19 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Jeddah's Effat University celebrates a 'female success story'". Arab News. 2019-02-08. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
- "Board of Founders". Effat University. Archived from the original on 12 February 2011. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Ireland's President Is Commencement Speaker". Mount Holyoke College. 6 April 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Works with Effat University Daily Trojan
- MEMP Students Create Labs for Saudi Arabian Women Engineering Students
- Engineering School at Effat University