Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
|Knowledge Resource Center, Vizag (Visakhapatnam) Campus GITAM, Hyderabad Campus GIMSR,Visakhapatnam|
|GITAM College of Engineering (1980–2007)|
|Motto||Strive Serve Thrive|
|Established||Visakhapatnam (1980), Hyderabad (2009), Bangalore (2012)|
|Chancellor||Prof. Koneru Ramakrishna Rao,|
|President||Dr. M.V.V.S Murthi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. M.S.Prasada Rao|
|Location||(Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh), (Hyderabad, Telangana), (Bangalore, Karnataka), India|
|Campus||Urban, 300+ acres|
|Colours||Gold and brown|
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) (a deemed-to-be university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) known as GITAM University is an educational institution in India. It was previously known as GITAM College, affiliated to Andhra University. Established in 1980, it was conferred the status of deemed university in 2007. It was the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive university status. GITAM is planning on receiving an ABET International Accreditation. The university has three campuses – its main campus at Visakhapatnam spreads over 100 acres, and the other two campuses are at Hyderabad and Bangalore.
The university offers 109 programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctoral levels in Technology, Pharmacy, Science, Management, International Business, Architecture and Law.
GITAM has a 100-acre campus in Rushikonda. The campus consists of three main food canteens, a few fast food outlets, a multi-purpose outdoor ground, indoor facilities for badminton and table tennis, tennis courts, and gym.
GITAM is a host to many student activities both professional and cultural as well.GITAM University Science & Activity CENTRE(GUSAC),Professional societies include ISTE, IEEE, CSI, IETE, IEI, ISOI and EWB. Cultural societies include Kalakriti, G-studio, G-Mag, E-Cell, NCC, NSS and other community services like Rotaract and Vivaan.
Awards 2017 : 1)Divya Bharathi Rajeshwari Satya Gayathri - received gold medal for her research wholeover Andhra , and get the first person to succeed among all top most universities
The campus has a 24x7 health care centre. There are ambulances for emergencies. The students and faculty have uninterrupted power supply, 24x7 security, and indoor games. The boys hostel has an accommodation for 3500 students, and the girls hostels 2000.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, government of India ranked GITAM as A category university among the universities of its kind. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the university with A grade. GITAM is approved by AICTE with its eligibility extending to almost all undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Top rating in audit conducted by APSCHE
- Ranked 22 in Outlook magazine(2007)
- Ranked 22 in The Week magazine(2009)
- Ranked 8 by EFY magazine (2010)
- Recognized by IBM in 'The Great Mind Challenge'
- Recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO)
- Nominated for PCQuest - Best IT Implementations of the year (2012–13)
- Ranked 20 by Careers 360 (Magazine)
Admission to GITAM is through the university entrance exam GAT (GITAM Admission Test), a computer based online test which is held across major cities in India. It is one of the most competitive exams in South India. Based on ranks achieved, admissions are given in Visakhapatnam campus and Hyderabad campus. Admissions to other institutes are done through their entrance exams like GSAT for GITAM Institute of Science, GLAT for the School of Law. Jee Paper-2, NATA for Architecture, etc.
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "GITAM PLANS FOR ABET". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 5 October 2011.
- "About GITAM HYDERABAD BUSINESS SCHOOL| about HYDERABAD BUSINESS SCHOOL| about GITAM UNIVERSITY". ghbs.in. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- ":::Deemed University - University Grants Commission :::". ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Welcome to GITAM University". gitam.edu. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "GITAM Student Activities".
- "GITAM AICTE". Archived from the original on 2013-01-16.
- "List of NAAC approved institutions" (PDF).[permanent dead link]
- "EFY TOP 40" (PDF).
- Top Private Universities in India 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management.|