8 July 1856
|Died||6 September 1884
Ortaköy Palace, Ortaköy, Istanbul, Ottoman Empire
|Burial||New Mosque, Istanbul|
|Issue||Şehzade Mehmed Seyfeddin
|Father||Salih Bey Svatnba|
Gevheri Kadın was born as the daughter of Abkhazian Bey, Salih Bey Svatnba and his wife Princess Şaziye Tsamba, the daughter of Prince Osman Bey Tsamba. Her real name was Emine Svatnba. At a very young age she was given to the palace. She was trained and educated by Valide Sultan Pertevniyal Sultan. She also had a sister named Fatma Hanım. She had long curly brown hair and blue eyes. She always wore white long dress and blue hotoz. She was not fond of ceremonies.
While residing in the palace, Abdülaziz took notice of her and they married in 1872 in the Dolmabahçe Palace. Abdülaziz gave her a ring as a gift on her marriage. She did not wear jewelry. She had natural beauty and was elegant. A year after the marriage in 1873 she gave birth to Şehzade Mehmed Seyfeddin Efendi and then in 1874 to Esma Sultan. She was a very faithful woman and used to help the poor and the needy. She used to spend money to repair the mosques, madrassas and schools.
- "Turkey: The Imperial House of Osman". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on May 2, 2006. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Consorts Of Ottoman Sultans (in Turkish)". Ottoman Web Page. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Günay Günaydın (2006). Haremin son gülleri. Mevsimsiz Yayınları. ISBN 978-9944-987-03-5.[page needed]
- Bir Çerkes prensesinin harem hatıraları. L & M. 2004. ISBN 978-975-6491-31-7.[page needed]
- "Genealogy of the Ottoman Royal Family".
- Christopher Buyers. "The Royal Ark – Royal and Ruling Houses of Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas". 4dw.net.