|Died||January 29, 1586
Kameyama Castle, Tamba Province
|Relations||Oda Nobunaga (father)
Toyotomi Hideyoshi (adopted father)
At the time of Nobunaga's death in 1582, Hidekatsu was at Kojima in Bizen Province. During the funeral, he held his birth father's mortuary tablet (ihai). Afterwards, Hidekatsu received Kameyama Castle in Tanba Province (modern day Kameoka, Kyoto Prefecture).
Shortly after Nobunaga's death, Hidekatsu assisted Hideyoshi during the Battle of Yamazaki, leading up to the defeat of Akechi Mitsuhide. Later, he also served Hideyoshi during the Battle of Komaki and Nagakute. Hidekatsu suddenly died in 1586, with many people believing that Hidekatsu was killed on the orders of Hideyoshi.
- Father: Oda Nobunaga (1536–1582)
- Adopted Father: Toyotomi Hideyoshi (1536–1598)
- Child: 1 Daughter married Oda Hidenori, son of Oda Nobutada
- Hall, John Whitney et al. (1991). The Cambridge History of Japan, p. 115.
- Hall, John Whitney, McClain, James L. and Jansen, Marius B. (1991). The Cambridge History of Japan. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.ISBN 0521223555.
|This Japanese history–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|