Hillcrest Wildlife Management Area
|Hillcrest Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
The ringnecked pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) may be found in the Hillcrest WMA
|Elevation||1,078 ft (328.6 m) |
|Area||2,212 acres (895.2 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||New Cumberland, West Virginia|
Hillcrest Wildlife Management Area is located in Hancock County near New Cumberland, West Virginia. Located on 2,212 acres (895 ha) of former farmland, the flat bottoms and rolling hills provide open fields, old orchards and small forest lots.
From New Cumberland, follow WV Route 8 east about 4 miles (6.4 km) to Gas Valley Road. Turn right (east) on Gas Valley Road, and follow about 1.3 miles (2.1 km) to Middle Run Road. Follow Middle Run Road north to the Hillcrest WMA.
Camping is not permitted in the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Hillcrest WMA, retrieved October, 2008
- "Hillcrest WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-10-26.
- West Virginia DNR District 1 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations
- WVDNR map of Hillcrest Wildlife Management Area