Little Beaver State Park
|Little Beaver State Park|
Little Beaver Lake
|Location||Raleigh, West Virginia, United States|
|Area||562 acres (227 ha)|
|Elevation||2,450 ft (750 m)|
Little Beaver State Park is state park in Raleigh County, West Virginia. It is located near Beckley, West Virginia, about 2 miles (3.2 km) south of I-64 at Grandview Road, exit 129A. The park sits on the shores of 18-acre (0.07 km²) Little Beaver Lake.
- Picnic area
- Hiking trails
- Mountain biking trails
- Fishing in Little Beaver Lake
- Boat rentals at Little Beaver Lake
- 46-site Campground
Little Beaver Dam
Little Beaver Dam
Little Beaver State Park Dam, June 2005
|Location||Little Beaver State Park off WV 307, near Crow, West Virginia|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Coda, S.C., WPA; Konrad, John, CCC|
|NRHP reference #||98000287|
|Added to NRHP||April 1, 1998|
Little Beaver Dam is a historic dam located in the park, near Crow. It was built between 1938 and 1942, as a federally supported project of the Works Progress Administration and Civilian Conservation Corps. The dam measures 400 feet long and 29 feet high and is faced with rough chiseled sandstone.
Originally a day-use facility, Little Beaver received a 46-site campground in 2011. 30 sites, opened on July 1 of that year, have electric and water hookups with an additional 16 water-only sites planned to open later in the year.
- "Little Beaver State Park". Protected Planet. IUCN. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- Where People and Nature Meet: A History of the West Virginia State Parks. Charleston, West Virginia: Pictorial Histories Publishing Company. April 1988. ISBN 0-933126-91-3.
- "Little Beaver State Park Has a Holiday Surprise for Campers". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. June 30, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Katherine M. Jourdan and Robell Clark (November 1997). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Little Beaver Dam" (PDF). State of West Virginia, West Virginia Division of Culture and History, Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- Guide to Accessible Recreation and Travel in WV, WVU Center for Excellence in Disabilities web site, accessed September 3, 2006 Archived July 20, 2006, at the Wayback Machine