Upper Mud River Wildlife Management Area
|Upper Mud River Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) may be found at the Upper Mud River WMA
|Elevation||743 ft (226.5 m) |
|Area||1,425 acres (576.7 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Hamlin, West Virginia|
Upper Mud River Wildlife Management Area, is located about 12 miles (19 km) south of Hamlin, West Virginia in Lincoln County. Upper Mud River WMA is located on 1,425 acres (577 ha) of steeply forested terrain.
The WMA is accessed from County Route 7 (Upper Mud River Road) about 12 miles (19 km) south of Hamlin.
Hunting and Fishing
Amenities at the WMA include a swimming beach with a bath house, picnic areas, playgrounds, a softball field, and restrooms. However, camping is not available at the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Upper Mud River WMA, retrieved January 27, 2009
- "Upper Mud River WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 27, 2009.
- West Virginia DNR District 5 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations