International Indian Film Academy Awards
|17th IIFA Awards|
|Awarded for||Excellence in cinematic achievements for Bollywood|
|Presented by||International Indian Film Academy|
|Produced by||Wizcraft International|
The International Indian Film Academy Awards (also known as the IIFA Awards) are a set of awards presented annually by the International Indian Film Academy to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in Bollywood, the Hindi language film industry. Instituted in 2000, the ceremony is held in different countries around the world every year with the most recent one being held in Madrid, Spain.
The IIFA Utsavam is the South Indian segment of the annual IIFA Awards. The awards were introduced in 2016, around the films released in 2015. The 1st IIFA Utsavam was held on 24 and 25 January 2016 at the Gachibowli Athletic Stadium, Hyderabad, India.
The first awards were presented in 2000 at The Millennium Dome in London, United Kingdom. From then onwards, the awards are held at locations around the world signifying the international success of Bollywood. Since 2000, the event has expanded from a one-night event to a three-day celebration, hosting various events and activities relating to the Indian film industry.
These awards honour films from the previous calendar year. Amitabh Bachchan is the Brand Ambassador of the IIFA since its inception. In its 10th year (2009), five special awards were introduced: Star of the Decade (Male and Female), Movie of the Decade, Music of the Decade, and Director of the Decade.
The following is a listing of all International Indian Film Academy Awards ceremonies since 2000.
- Best Director
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Performance in a Negative Role
- Best Performance in a Comic Role
- Star Debut of the Year – Male
- Star Debut of the Year – Female
- Best Music Director
- Best Lyricist
- Best Playback Singer Male
- Best Playback Singer Female
- Best Story
- Style Icon
- Style Diva
- Most Glamorous Star of the Year
- Best On-Screen Beauty
- Contribution to a Greener Earth
- Face of the Year
- Entertainer of the Year
- Special Award for Global Impact
- Outstanding Contribution to Indian cinema
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian cinema
- Outstanding Achievement by an Indian in International Cinema
- Artists of the Decade
- Best Art Direction
- Best Action
- Best Background Score
- Best Cinematography
- Best Choreography
- Best Costume Design
- Best Dialogue
- Best Editing
- Best Makeup
- Best Screenplay
- Best Song Recording
- Best Sound Recording
- Best Sound Re-Recording
- Best Special Effects
- IIFA Award for Best Music
Records and facts
- Most awards to a single film
- Most acting awards – male (Best Actor + Best Supporting Actor)
- Most acting awards – female (Best Actress + Best Supporting Actress)
- Most directing awards
- Most music awards (Best Music Director + Best Background Score)
- A. R. Rahman (7+3) = 10
- Most singing awards
- "IIFA Utsavam 2016: Baahubali and Thani Oruvan win maximum number of awards".
- "IIFA AWARDS 2012 Singapore Watch Online". BoloIndia. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- "Golden Decade Honours to be given at IIFA 2009". Thaindian.com. 2009-05-24. Retrieved 2011-06-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Indian Film Academy Awards.|