|Euronext: ILD |
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Revenue||€5.33 billion (2019)|
|€1,72 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
Iliad S.A. is a French provider of telecommunication services. It is based in Paris and its operations comprise fixed and mobile telephony services, prepaid phone cards and internet access providing and hosting services. The company was founded by Xavier Niel in 1990.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2014)
On August 1, 2014, Iliad SA publicly announced a bid to acquire a 56% stake in the United States wireless carrier T-Mobile US for US$16 billion. The bid came amidst reports that competing carrier Sprint Corporation, owned by Japanese firm Softbank, was planning its own US$24 billion merger. The bid was dropped in October 2014.
As of the end of 2012, the company was active in over 35 countries.
In 2019, Iliad made 5.33 billion revenue.
- Free (France)
- Free Mobile (France)
- Iliad Italia
- Play (Poland)
- Virgin Mobile (Poland) (Pending)
- eir (Ireland)
- Scaleway (previously Online SAS or Online.net)
- Telecommunications in France
- Telecommunications in Italy
- Telecommunications in the Republic of Ireland
- "Iliad SA". Financial Times. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- Morris, Anne (21 March 2014). "Inside the fight for the future of France's mobile market: What happens when SFR is finally sold?". ZDNet. Vive la tech. Retrieved 30 Jul 2019.
Vivendi's owner has just entered exclusive talks that could see France's second largest telco sold to Altice.
- "Sprint Said to Plan T-Mobile Bid as Banks Pushed to Fund". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Surprise Bidder Enters Battle for T-Mobile US". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Free Mobile sparks French telecoms war". Financial Times. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "France's Iliad Drops Plan to Acquire T-Mobile US". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Iliad's 2019 accounts". LegalTile.
- "Mobile : le "basta !" d'Iliad, qui se lance en Italie". La Tribune (in French). Paris, France. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Iliad débarque en Italie avec une offre qu'il veut "révolutionnaire"". Capital (in French). Gennevilliers, France. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.