|Studio album by Merzbow|
|Released||March 1, 2011|
|Recorded||November 2009 at Munemihouse, Tokyo|
Jigokuhen is an LP by the Japanese noise musician Merzbow. It is the 15th and final volume of the Japanese Birds series, but is a stand-alone release. The title Jigokuhen (地獄HEN, Hell hen) is a pun on the title of the book and film Jigokuhen (地獄変, Hell Screen).
The LP was first announced on the label's Twitter in December 2009. It was intended to be released in January 2011 to commemorate the second and first anniversaries of the releases of the first and second volumes of the 13 Japanese Birds series, but due to pressing errors it was not released until March. The first 100 copies ordered from Important are on red vinyl.
An unreleased work called "samidara1" was played during an event at ohrenhoch in Berlin, Merzbow described it as "using the method of several granular synthesis programs and random process of the composition.", and referenced Graft, Chabo, Jigokuhen, and Ouroboros as having the same concept.
All music composed by Masami Akita.
- Masami Akita – performer, artwork
- "imprec321 Merzbow, Jigokuhen". Important Records. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- Merzbow (February 16, 2010). "13 Japanese Birds Completed". merzbow.net (in Japanese). Archived from the original on March 5, 2012. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- Label Twitter
- Important Records Twitter responding to Jigokuhen release date (25/1/11)
- "samidara1". ohrenhoch. Retrieved December 5, 2012.