|T.S. Kalyanaraman (Kalyan Jewellers), T.S. Pattabhiraman (Kalyan Silks), Chairman and Managing Director|
|Products||Kalyan Silks, Kalyan Jewellers, Kalyan Developers, Kalyan Sarees, Kalyan Vastralaya and Kalyan Collections|
Number of employees
Kalyan Group is a holding company for the brands of Kalyan Silks, Kalyan Jewellers, Kalyan Developers, Kalyan Sarees and Kalyan Collections. It is headquartered in Thrissur, Kerala, India. Kalyan Silks have four showrooms in Thrissur, and one each in Cochin, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kottayam, Erode, Salem, Dubai, Bangalore, Thiruvalla, Sharjah, and Muscat and Kalyan Sarees have showrooms in Coimbatore, Thrissur, Calicut, Thiruvananthapuram and Kannur.
The group was started in 1909 by T. S. Kalyanarama Iyer, a priest who turned into an entrepreneur . He started a textile mill in Thrissur city in 1930s which was later taken over by Government of Kerala. He came from Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu. Later he started a textile shop in Thrissur city which flourished into Kalyan Silks, Kalyan Sarees and Kalyan Collections. The group got its name from its founder Kalyanarama Iyer. Later his son T. K. Seetharamaiyer also joined the business. Seetharamaiyer in 1991 partitioned the businesses to five sons. T.S. Kalyanaraman, one of the five sons started the Kalyan Jewellers in 1993.
Kalyan Jewellery opened 101 customer service centres called 'My Kalyan' on 9 August 2012 across Kerala.
- "Kalyan group plans TN foray". Business Line. 12 October 2004. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Kalyan Silks in Calicut". Manorama Online. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Shop with cartoon characters". The Hindu. 11 December 2006. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Kalyan Jewellers to open Kottyam store today". The Hindu. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Kalyan group plans large-scale expansion". The Hindu. 6 September 2006. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Showrooms". Kalyan Silks. Archived from the original on 8 February 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Kalyan to open service centres". Ibnlive.com. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "The success story of Kalyan Jewellers". Rediff. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Kovai Kalyan". Kalyan Silks. Archived from the original on 6 February 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "കല്യാണ് സില്ക്സില് നിന്നും ബ്രാന്റഡ് വിവാഹസാരികള്". Oneindia Malayalam News (in Malayalam). 12 March 2008.
- Roy, Debasish (16 May 2010). "Big retail brands skipping profitable markets?". The Economic Times. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
|This article related to Kerala is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|