Katihar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||11. Katihar|
As per Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008, No 63. Katihar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Katihar community development block including Katihar nagar parishad; and Hasanganj CD Block. In Bihar Legislative Assembly election, 2015, Katihar will be one of the 36 seats to have VVPAT enabled electronic voting machines.
In the 2010 and October 2005 state assembly elections, Tar Kishore Prasad of BJP won the Katihar seat defeating his nearest rival Dr. Ram Prakash Mahto of RJD. Dr. Ram Prakash Mahto of RJD defeated Raj Banshi Singh of BJP in February 2005 and Jagbandhu Adhikari of BJP in 2000. Jagbandhu Adhikari of BJP defeated Ram Prakash Mahto of JD in 1995. Ram Prakash Mahto of JD defeated Jagdish Prasad Mandal of BJP in 1990. Satya Narayan Prasad of Congress defeated Jagbandhu Adhikari of BJP in 1985. Sitaram Chamaria of Congress defeated Jagbandhu Adhikari of BJP in 1980. Jagbandhu Adhikari of JP defeated Raj Kishore Prasad Singh of CPI in 1977.
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "36 Seats in Bihar to Have Electronic Voting Machines With Paper Trail Facility".
- "Poll-bound Bihar to get 36 EVMs with paper trail facility".
- "Bihar - Katihar". Bihar Assembly Elections Nov 2010 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "142 - Katihar Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-15.