Thakurganj railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||State Highway 63, Thakurganj, Bihar|
|Elevation||79 metres (259 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||North East Frontier Railway|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Thakurganj railway station serves Thakurganj town in Kishanganj district in the Indian state of Bihar. The Mechi flowing nearby forms the boundary between Nepal and India in the area. On the other side of the border, Prithivinagar is a village development committee in Jhapa District of Nepal.
- Balurghat–Siliguri Intercity Express
- Katihar−Siliguri Intercity Express
- Radhikapur- Siliguri Junction DEMU
- Siliguri Junction - Malda Court DEMU
- Siliguri Junction- Katihar DEMU
Work for conversion of the Aluabari-Siliguri section from metre gauge to broad gauge was taken up in 2008, train services in the section was suspended and conversion work completed early in 2011.
- "Thakurganj - Bihar – A Lovely Village". Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Delayed but new route helps trains". The Telegraph, 29 September 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Railways to partially restore Siliguri-Bagdogra service". Times of India, 16 March 2010. 16 March 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Alam, Mudassir. "Rail movement begins on Kishanganj-Thakurganj-Siliguri Section". KishanganjBihar.com. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
|Preceding station||Indian Railway||Following station|
|Northeast Frontier Railway zone|
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|