Kellogg's Special K2O Protein Water
A bottle of Special K2O Protein Water
|Launch year||September 2006|
Special K2O Protein Water is a beverage released in September 2006 by the Kellogg Company. It is produced in several flavors, and has been marketed as a weight-control and weight-loss product. The product was re-launched in 2007 by the Kellogg Company. The product is no longer available.
It was available in several flavors, including Strawberry Kiwi, Lemon Twist and Tropical Blend. Marketed as low-calorie alternative protein drink, a 16-ounce bottle of K2O contains 5 grams of protein, 10% DV of calcium, and 50 calories. The product has also been marketed as a weight-loss product, and has been marketed as part of "The Special K Challenge" and "Feeling good never looked better" advertising campaigns.
On August 15, 2007, the company re-launched the product with enhanced graphics and a new flavor, Mixed Berry. In addition to the 5 grams of protein, the product was formulated with 5 grams of soluble fiber, from polydextrose, and 20% DV each of vitamins B3 (Niacin), B6, and B12, while maintaining 50 calories.
Powdered drink mix
The product is also manufactured in a powdered form as a drink mix that is sold in packets, which is then added to water. The powdered product has 30 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein per serving. The powdered mix has also been marketed as a weight-control product.
- Protein water mix.(New PRODUCTS) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared (subscription required)
- Tabacoff, Helaine; Connelly, Chris (March 6, 2009). "Water, Water Everywhere, but Can It Boost Your Brain?". ABC News. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Russell, Edward (2010). The Fundamentals of Marketing. AVA Publishing. p. 75. ISBN 2940373728
- Carilli, Theresa; Campbell, Jane (2012). Challenging Images of Women in the Media: Reinventing Women's Lives. Lexington Books. p. 4. ISBN 0739176986
- Spencer, Gail Gedan (October 18, 2007). "How I learned to stop wincing and love the protein water". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Lluc, Alex A. (2008). The Complete Calorie Fat & Carb Counter. WS Publishing Group. p. 407. ISBN 1934386340
- Cardello, Hank; Garr, Garr (2009). Stuffed: An Insider's Look at Who's (Really) Making America Fat. HarperCollins. p. 203. ISBN 0061984841
- Kellogg's.(Supplier News)(K2O Protein Water Mix)(Brief article) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared (subscription required)
- Kiley, David (November 7, 2006). "Kellogg Testing The Brand Barriers for Special K". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 21 October 2013.