|Birth name||Pedro Henrique Loureiro|
|Born||16 June 1972|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Loureiro began studying music and playing acoustic guitar at age 11. He studied with two famous Brazilian musicians: Pedro Bueno and Mozart Mello. Inspired by various artists, including Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, and Randy Rhoads, he moved to the electric guitar at 13 and by 16 had already joined two bands, Legalize (with Edu Mello on vocals, Dennis Belik on bass and Alja on drums) and A Chave, and was playing in nightclubs in São Paulo. At 19, he co-founded Brazilian power metal band Angra.
Due to the increase in popularity of power metal, Loureiro has become quite successful, both playing in Angra and as a solo artist.
In addition to his rock/metal achievements, Loureiro has also played guitars on several eurobeat songs in collaboration with Dave Rodgers, including "Fevernova", "Ring of Fire" and "The Road is on Fire".
Loureiro is known for his tremendous technical skill on the guitar, frequently incorporating such techniques as two handed tapping, sweep picking (full swept arpeggios), alternate picking, hybrid picking, artificial & natural harmonics and combining legato & staccato in the same run or phrase. He is also well known for both his instructional and demonstration videos as well as for writing columns for and appearing on the cover of magazines Cover Guitarra, Guitar & Bass, and Young Guitar.
Despite being a right-handed guitarist, Loureiro is naturally left-handed. As such, he spends most of his pre-warmups focusing on his right-hand techniques.
Loureiro married Finnish pianist and keyboardist Maria Ilmoniemi in 2011. The two met during Loureiro's tenure in Tarja Turunen's Storm World Tour in 2008. Their first daughter, Livia, was born on 29 September 2011. On 21 November 2016, they welcomed twins Dante and Stella.
- No Gravity (2005)
- Universo Inverso (2006)
- Fullblast (2009)
- Sounds of Innocence (2012)
- The White Balance (DVD, 2013)
- Open Source (2020)
Video lesson and instructional
- Guitarra Rock (1993)
- Os Melhores Solos e Riffs do Angra (2003)
- Tecnica e Versatilidade (2003)
- Guitarra Tecnica Para Iniciantes (2009)
- Rock Fusion Brasileiro (2009)
- Creative Fusion (2010)
- Reaching Horizons (originally released in 1992, reissued in 1997)
- Angels Cry (JVC Japan, 1993)
- Evil Warning EP (1994)
- Holy Land (Gravadora Eldorado, 1996)
- Make Believe Part 1 single (1996)
- Make Believe Part 2 single (1997)
- Make Believe Part 3 single (1997)
- Make Believe Part 4 single (1997)
- Freedom Call EP (1996)
- Holy Live live EP (1997)
- Fireworks (SPV GmbH/Century Media Records, 1998)
- Lisbon single (1998)
- Rainy Nights single (1998)
- Rebirth (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2001)
- Acid Rain single (2001)
- Hunters and Prey EP (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2002)
- Rebirth World Tour – Live in São Paulo live album and video (BMG/Victor Entertainment, recorded in 2001 and released in 2003)
- Temple of Shadows (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2004)
- Wishing Well single (2004)
- Aurora Consurgens (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2006)
- The Course of the Nature single (2006)
- Aqua (SPV GmbH/Steamhammer, 2010)
- Angels Cry 20th Anniversary Tour (JVC/Victor Entertainment, Substantial Music, SPV/Steamhammer, 2013)
- Secret Garden (JVC, Universal Music, Edel Music, 2014)
- Ømni (2018) - guitar solo on "War Horns" as a guest
- Neural Code (2009)
- Black Moon (2015) - On the song "Arabestia"
- Dystopia (2016)
- www.jduartedesign.com, Joao Duarte-J. Duarte Design-. "Biography".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-01-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "MEGADETH Wins 'Best Metal Performance' GRAMMY Award". Blabbermouth.net. February 12, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Reverb.com. "Reverb Interview: Kiko Loureiro of Megadeth & Angra Talks Ibanez and Pre-Show Warmups". YouTube. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Blabbermouth (21 November 2016). "MEGADETH Guitarist KIKO LOUREIRO Welcomes Twins With Finnish Wife". BLABBERMOUTH.NET.