Kwoh-Ting Li (traditional Chinese: 李國鼎; simplified Chinese: 李国鼎; pinyin: Lǐ Guódǐng; January 28, 1910 – May 31, 2001) was a Chinese economist and politician best known as the "Father of Taiwan's Economic Miracle" for his work in transforming Taiwan's economy from an agrarian-based system into one of the world's leading producers of information and telecommunications technology. He is renowned as the "Godfather of Technology" in Taiwan.
He held a number of leadership positions in industry and government in Taiwan, including that of economic minister from 1965 to 1969 and finance minister from 1969 to 1976. In 1968, he received the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Government Service. His residence in Taipei is now a museum. In 2011, an asteroid (239611 Likwohting) was named after Li.
Four professorships at Stanford University are named for Dr. Li in the fields of economic development, engineering, medicine and Chinese culture. As of 2014[update], the holders in each field are: economic development (Xueguang Zhou), engineering (Yinyu Ye), medicine (Stanley N. Cohen) and Chinese culture (Mark Edward Lewis).
- Saxon, Wolfgang (June 2, 2001). "Li Kwoh-ting, 91 of Taiwan Dies; Led Effort to Transform Economy". The New York Times. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- National Central University later renamed Nanjing University in mainland China and reinstated in Taiwan.
- "1968 Ramon Magsaysay Awardee Profile". Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation. 1968. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Li Kwoh-ting residence now a museum". Taipei City Government Department of Cultural Affairs. June 2, 2010. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Yeh, Joseph (January 27, 2011). "Asteroid named after Taiwanese economist". The China Post. Taipei. TWN. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Taiwan contributes $1 million to endowment fund" (Press release). Stanford University. February 1, 1995. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Stanford APARC Profile: Xueguang Zhou". Stanford/Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center (APARC). Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Stanford Profiles: Yinyu Ye". Stanford University. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Stanford School of Medicine Profiles: Stanley N. Cohen, MD". Stanford School of Medicine. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Stanford Profile: Mark Edward Lewis". Stanford University Department of East Asian Languages and Culture. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "歡迎進入李國鼎網站" [Kwoh-Ting Li--Taiwan's Road to Modernization]. Academica Sinica. Retrieved November 17, 2014. (Chinese)
- "李國鼎先生紀念網站" [The Kwoh-Ting Li Memorial Website]. Institute for Information Industry. 2001. Archived from the original on July 15, 2001. Retrieved November 17, 2014. (Chinese)
- "李國鼎科技發展基金會" [K. T. Li Foundation for the Development of Science and Technology]. Institute for Information Industry. 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014. (Chinese)
- "財政人物索引: 李國鼎" [Financial Figures Index: KT Li]. The History of the Ministry of Finance, R.O.C online. Retrieved November 17, 2014. (Chinese)
|ROC Finance Minister