This is a list of banks in Armenia as of January 1, 2017.
- Armbusinessbank, opened in 1994 as the legal successor of the "Arminvestbank" operating since 1991, SWIFT: ARMNAM22. 
- ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank, opened in 1996, SWIFT: AGCAAM22.
- Araratbank, opened in 2004, SWIFT: ARMCAM22.
- Ameriabank, opened in 1910 as the Yerevan branch of the Caucasus Trade Bank, in 1992 became known as Ameriabank, SWIFT: ARMIAM22.
- Ardshinbank, opened in 2003, SWIFT: ASHBAM22.
- ArmEconomBank, opened in 1991, SWIFT: ARECAM22.
- ArmSwissBank, opened in 2004, SWIFT: ARSJAM22.
- Artsakhbank, opened in 1996, SWIFT: ARTSAM22.
- Anelik Bank, opened in 1990, SWIFT: ANIKAM22.
- Byblos Bank Armenia, opened in 2000 as the legal successor of the "International Trade Bank" operating since 1992, SWIFT:AEIEUS33.
- Converse Bank, opened in 1993 as "North Armenian Shareholding Bank", incorporated into Converse Bank in 1997, SWIFT: COVBAM22.
- HSBC Bank Armenia, opened in 1996 as "Midland Armenia Bank", incorporated into HSBC Bank Armenia in 1999, SWIFT: MIDLAM22.
- InecoBank, opened 1996, SWIFT: INJSAM22.
- Bank Mellat Armenia, opened in 1995, SWIFT: BKMTAM22.
- Prometey Bank, opened in 1990, SWIFT: PRMLAM22.
- Unibank, opened in 2001, SWIFT: UNIJAM22.
- VTB Armenia, opened in 1993 as the "ArmSavingsBank", incorporated into VTB Armenia in 2006, SWIFT: ARMJAM22.
Development banks/representative offices
- Asian Development Bank, regional development bank representative office in Armenia opened in 2005.
- Interstate Bank, regional development bank representative office in Armenia opened opened in 1994.
- Panarmenian Bank, enterprise development bank opened in 2008.
- Rosselkhozbank, special state agricultural bank of Russia representative office in Armenia opened in 2012.
Former commercial banks
- Armenian Development Bank, merged with Araratbank.
- AreximBank-Gazprombank, acquired by Ardshinbank.
- Cascade Bank, merged with Ameriabank.
- BTA Bbank, merged with ArmEconomBank.
- ProCredit Bank, acquired by InecoBank.