List of internet service providers in India
The following table shows the top 10 ISPs in India by total subscriber base as of 30 June 2018. Broadband is defined as "an always-on Internet connection with download speed of 512 kbit/s or above." The number of internet users are 512.26 million, out of which 65.14 million are narrowband subscribers and 447.12 million are broadband subscribers.
- On 28 February 2018 Aircel filed for bankruptcy at NCLT and a substantial number of customers has migrated to other services due to closing down of most of the consumer services.
- The services of Telenor India has been merged with Airtel on 14 May 2018.
- On 31 August 2018, Vodafone India has been merged with Idea Cellular and renamed as Vodafone Idea.
Other notable ISPs
|Kerala Vision Digital TV||Kerala|
|RailTel Corporation of India||State-owned ISP with pan-India optic fiber network along Railway track|
|Spectranet||Delhi NCR, Chennai, Banglore, Mumbai, Pune|
|Tikona Infinet Limited|
- CtrlS Datacenters Ltd
- National Knowledge Network for educational institutions in India
- Tulip Telecom
- "The Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicators April — June, 2018" (PDF). TRAI. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- Sengupta, Devina (28 February 2018). "Aircel, country's last small mobile phone operator, files for bankruptcy". The Economic Times. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "Aircel's bankruptcy note on Facebook".
- Gulveen Aulakh. "DoT approves Bharti Airtel and Telenor India merger". The Economic Times.