|Industry||Telecom, Government Smart Cities Projects, Digital India projects, MSOs|
|Headquarters||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Anil Agarwal, Anand Agarwal, Pravin Agarwal, Ankit Agarwal, K.S. Rao|
|Products||Optical Fiber, Fiber Optic Cables, Structured Data Cables|
|Services||Optical Fibre Infrastructure, Passive infrastructure, Access Networks, Metro, FTTH, Wi-Fi, IBS, Optics & MPLS Core Network, Enterprise Services, Fixed Broadband, Security Services Managed Services|
|Revenue||₹30,300 million (US$450 million)|
|₹2,461 million (US$37 million)|
Sterlite Technologies Ltd. Sterlite Technologies Limited designs, builds and manages smarter networks. Sterlite Tech develops & delivers optical communication products, network & system integration services and software solutions for telecoms globally. The company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. The company changed its name to 'Sterlite Technologies Limited' from Dec.2006. It is India's only integrated Optical Fiber producer and one of the largest suppliers of Optical Fibers to overseas markets in China, Europe and South East Asia.
Sterlite Technologies is partially owned by Sterlite Industries (India) Limited, which is in turn 77%-owned by Vedanta Resources.
The company has an optical fiber manufacturing plant located at Aurangabad, India and Telecom Cable & Power Transmission Conductor plants at Silvassa, Pune& Haridwar India. In 2002, Sterlite was forced to shelve plans for a large new facility in Bangalore due to market weakness.
The company has recently acquired Elitecore Technologies, which is a telecom software company.
Awards and controversies
In 2002, Sterlite was the subject of a major lawsuit, by Fitel USA, a subsidiary of Furukawa Electric charging Sterlite with infringement of a number of optical fiber patents including those related to manufacturing fiber with low polarization mode dispersion.
Sterlite was cited in an Indian parliamentary discussion of government purchasing irregularities.
Sterlite was served a show cause cum demand notice by the Indian Customs and Excise authorities for alleged willful evasion of Custom and Excise Duties in year 2002. This matter is listed for hearing at the Supreme Court of India.
- "Corporate profile" (PDF). sterlitetechnologies.com. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- ":: Sterlite - Contact Us ::". Sterlitetechnologies.com. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- "Sterlite Tech Press Release". Indianotes.com. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- Keith Dsilva (28 March 2007). "Sterlite Optical Technologies to supply Power Conductors for India's first 500kV HVDC Lines for 2500 MW Power Transmission". Indiaprwire.com. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- "Times of India Tech: Latest IT, telecom, Internet, BPO news and updates". Infotech.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- "Sterlite Technologies acquires Elitecore Technologies".
- www.ofsoptics.com press release