List of palaces in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of palaces in India.
- Kareng Ghar - Former residence of Ahom royals, Sivasagar
- Talatal Ghar - Former residence of Ahom royals, Sivasagar
- Anand Bag Palace, Darbhanga
- Nagholkothi, Patna
- Nargona Palace, Darbhanga
- Navlakha Palace, Rajnagar
- Mundota Fort and Palace - former royal residence of the Mundota Family, today a luxury hotel, Jaipur
- Umaid Bhawan Palace - Seat of the Maharaja of Jodhpur
- Amber Palace (Amber Fort) - former royal residence, Jaipur
- Jag Mandir - former residence of Shah Jahan, Udaipur
- Jag Niwas (Lake Palace) - former royal residence, Udaipur
- Jal Mahal - former royal residence, today hotel, Jaipur
- City Palace, Jaipur - Seat of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- City Palace, Udaipur - Seat of the Maharana of Udaipur
- Candra Mahal, Jaipur
- Lalgarh Palace - former royal residence, today hotel, Bikaner
- Gorbandh Palace, Jaisalmer
- Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds) - former royal residence, Jaipur
- Narain Niwas Palace - former royal residence, today hotel, Jaipur
- Raj Mahal Palace - former royal residence, Jaipur (today hotel)
- Samode Palace - former royal residence, today hotel, Jaipur
- Rambagh Palace - former residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur (today hotel)
- Jai Vilas Mahal Gwalior
- Lal Bagh Palace Indore
- Rajwada Palace Indore
- Raaj Mahal Palace Kathiwada
- Rajwada Palace Alirajpur
- Rajwada Palace Jhabua
- Jaswant Niwas Palace Sailana
- Rang Mahal Palace Sailana
- Ranjit Bilas Palace Ratlam
- Raj Mahal Palace Sitamau
- Laduna Palace Sitamau
- City Palace Dhar
- Jheera bagh Palace Dhar
- Datia Palace
- Orchha palace
- Jahangir Mahal, Orchha
- Govindgarh Palace Rewa
- Gohar Mahal Bhopal
- Shaukat Mahal Bhopal
- Stok Palace - built in 1820 by the Namgyal dynasty of Ladakh in Stok, Ladakh. Today it houses a popular museum and a boutique heritage hotel.
- Leh Palace - is a former royal palace overlooking the town of Leh, Ladakh, in the Indian Himalayas. The palace was constructed circa 1600 by Sengge Namgyal of the Namgyal dynasty of Ladakh.
- Amba Vilas Palace–Mysore
- Bangalore Palace - Bengaluru
- Cheluvamba Vilas Palace-Mysore
- Jayalakshmi Vilas -Mysore
- Jaganmohan Palace-Mysore
- Rajendra Vilas -Mysore
- Karanji Vilas Palace-Mysore
- Lalitha Mahal-Mysore
- Vasanth Mahal Palace-Mysore
- Lokranjan Mahal-Mysore
- Shivavilas Palace - Sandur
- Lotus Mahal - Hampi
- Shivappa Nayaka Palace - Shivamogga
- Nalknad Palace- Kodagu
- Tipu Sultan Summer Palace- Bengaluru
- Asar Mahal- Vijayapura
- Ranjin Mahal- Bidar
- Patwardhan Palace- Jamakhandi
- Laxmi Vilas Palace - Seat of the Maharajah of Baroda
- Aina Mahal - royal residence of ruler of Kutch.
- Vijay Vilas Palace, Mandavi - royal residence of rulers of Kutch
- Prag Mahal - royal palace of rulers of Kutch
- Nilambaug Palace - Royal Palace of Rulers of Bhavnagar
- Aaina Mahal - Junagadh.
- Sardar Baugh Palace-Junagadh.
- Rang Mahal-Junagadh.
- Raj Mahal - Junagadh.
- Ranjit Vilas - Palace of Thakore Sahebs of Rajkot.
- Padmanabhapuram Palace also known as Kalkulam Palace, located in Padmanabhapuram in the Kanyakumari district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- Tamukkam Palace is located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- Fernhills Palace located in Ooty, Tamil Nadu.
- Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- Thanjavur Maratha Palace,Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- Kanadukathan Palace, Sivagangai, Tamil Nadu
- Falaknuma Palace - royal residence, Hyderabad
- King Kothi Palace - Palace of VII Nizam, Osman Ali Khan
- Purani Haveli - Seat of the Nizam of Hyderabad
- Chowmahalla Palace
- Paigah Palace
- Kowdiar Palace - Residence of the Travancore Royal Family, Thiruvananthapuram
- Kanakakkunnu Palace - Palace for welcoming guests of Travancore Royal Family, Thiruvananthapuram
- Halcyon Castle - Used by Sethu Lakshmi Bayi now converted to a hotel, Kovalam, Thiruvananthapuram
- Kuthira Malika - Built by Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma of Travancore, Thiruvananthapuram
- Kilimanoor Palace - Birthplace of Raja Ravi Varma, Thiruvananthapuram
- Koyikkal Palace, Nedumangadu, Thiruvananthapuram
- Krishnapuram Palace, Kayamkulam
- Sri Moolam Thirunal Palace, Kollam - Rest house of Travancore Kings
- Thevally Palace, Kollam - Outhouse of erstwhile Travancore Kings
- Cheena Kottaram, Chinnakkada - A unique blend of Indian, European, Islamic and Moorish architecture
- Hill Palace, Tripunithura, Cochin
- Mattancherry Palace (Dutch Palace), Cochin
- Bolgatty Palace, Bolgatty Island, Cochin
- Shakthan Thampuran Palace, Thrissur - former residence of the Cochin royal family, now a museum
- British Residency, Kollam - Architectural Marvel built by Col. John Munro
- Ananda in the Himalayas (Narendranagar Palace) - former residence of Garhwal royals, now a destination resort and spa, Narendranagar
- Bhutan House - royal residence of the Dorji family, Kalimpong
- Cooch Behar Palace - former royal residence, Cooch Behar
- Hazarduari Palace - former royal residence, Murshidabad
- Jhargram Palace - former royal residence and heritage hotel, Jhargram
- Marble Palace - former residence of Raja Rajendra Mullick, Kolkata
- Wasif Manzil - former royal residence, Murshidabad
- Aali Palace - royal family of Aali, Odisha
- Padmanabhapuram Palace - Seat of the Maharaja of Travancore
- New Palace - Seat of Maharaja of Kolhapur
- Fatehpur Sikri - former royal residence of Emperor Akbar
- Grand Palace, Srinagar - former royal residence, today hotel, Srinagar
- Khasbagh Palace - Palace of the Maharaja of Rampur
- Anand Bagh Palace - Seat of the Maharaja of Darbhanga,
- Rashtrapati Bhavan - Seat of the President, former viceregal residence, Delhi
- Shaniwar Wada, Pune - royal residence of Peshwas
- Ujjayanta Palace - former royal palace of Tripura
- Athangudi Palace - Chettinad Palace House in Athangudi, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
- Gajlaxmi Palace - Palace of Singhdeo dynasty, Dhenkanal princely state in Dhenkanal, Odisha
- Bara Imambara - leisure court of Awadh Nawab, Lucknow
- Ramnagar Fort - Palace of Kashinaresh, Bhumihar king of Benaras state .
- The Belgadia Palace - Palace of Bhanjja Dynasty, Mayurbhanj princely state, Mayurbhanj, Odisha
- Royal Thibaw Palace(where last king of Myanmar was exiled), Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
- Vijay Vilas Palace, jawhar fort , Jawhar Maharashtra