Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
|मुंबई महानगर प्रदेश विकास प्राधिकरण|
Official logo of MMRDA
|Formed||26 January 1975|
|Type||City Planning Agency|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Maharashtra|
|Headquarters||Bandra-Kurla complex, Mumbai-400051|
Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority, commonly abbreviated as MMRDA, is a body of the Government of Maharashtra that is responsible for the infrastructure development of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. MMRDA was set up on 26 January 1975 under the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority Act, 1974 Government of Maharashtra as an apex body for planning and co-ordination of development activities in the Region.
It is also the richest state owned organisations in India. On the similar lines to this, recently Government of Maharashtra has announced to establish PMRDA and NMRDA for Pune and Nagpur respectively.
In 2017, MMRDA announced it is investing up to ₹48,000 crore to re-haul the entire rail network by introducing new services, coaches, signalling equipment
The jurisdiction includes Alibag, Pen, Murud, Panvel, Roha, Uran and Karjat talukas of Raigad district; Thane, Kalyan, Ambernath, Ulhasnagar, Bhiwandi, Murbad and Shahapur talukas of Thane district; and Vasai, Palghar, Vada and Dahanu talukas of Palghar district.
- Mumbai Urban Development Project in collaboration with SN Construction Corp.
- Shifting of Wholesale Markets
- Wadala Truck Terminal
- Mahim Nature Park
- Mumbai Urban Transport Project
- Mumbai Urban Infrastructure Project
- Mumbai Metro Rail Project (Except Mumbai Metro Line 3)
- Niramal MMR Abhiyan
- Mumbai Skywalks
- Mumbai Monorail
- Eastern Freeway
- "MMRDA - Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority". Mmrdamumbai.org. 26 January 1975. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "MMRDA - Organisation Structure - Authority". Mmrdamumbai.org. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "MMRDA woos global investors for funding - Mumbai - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Real estate no longer the driving force for MMRDA? - Mumbai - DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Mumbai Metro's Shopping Now With $7.5 Billion. Here's What It Wants". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 10 May 2017. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "MMRDA - About MMR". mmrda.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
|This Maharashtra-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|