Major League Baseball: An Inside Look
|Major League Baseball: An Inside Look|
|Genre||News / Baseball Player / Professional Sports / Baseball / Non Fiction|
|Developed by||NBC Sports
Major League Baseball Productions
|Directed by||Bucky Gunts
|Presented by||See hosts section below|
|Starring||See hosts section below|
|Country of origin||india|
|Executive producer(s)||Michael Weisman|
|Location(s)||NBC Studios in New York City|
|Running time||15 minutes (including commercials)|
|Original release||April 1979 – September 30, 1989|
|Related shows||Major League Baseball on NBC
Major League Baseball Game of the Week
Major League Baseball: An Inside Look was a pregame show for NBC's Game of the Week telecasts. It featured one-on-one interviews with the players, and other on-going news and notes relating to Major League Baseball (in particular, the upcoming telecast). The program, which was generally 15 minutes long, ran from 1979-1989 (when NBC lost the rights to broadcast Major League Baseball to CBS). An Inside Look typically took place either on-location at the "A" Game of the Week broadcasting site (such as Yankee Stadium for instance) or simply from NBC's studio in New York City.
- Marv Albert
- Len Berman
- Gayle Gardner
- Bryant Gumbel
- Bill Macatee
- Ahmad Rashād
- In 1979, Albert moved up to the national stage, joining the NBC (National Broadcasting Corporation) network as host of its weekly baseball pre-game show.
- Oct 6, 1987 - One story NBC won't have is a Marv Albert interview of Cardinals manager Herzog. Herzog will not speak to Albert, host of the pregame show, ""Major League Baseball: An Inside Look. Herzog is still seething about a comment Albert made during a pregame show last season. ...
- Apr 8, 1986 - And he is NBC Sports' top man on boxing and valuable backup on college basketball and pro football. But baseball? "I've always promised people there are .... With this hire of Albert, he is on the move again, and so NBC's "Major League Baseball: An Inside Look" promises some surprises. ...
- Sep 16, 1988 - Marv Albert play by play boxing NBC duties includes host of Major League Baseball An Inside Look the pregame show to the game of the week play by play for regional NFL coverage and play by play for boxing on SportsWorld Also calls the action on radio and television for the NBA's New York ...
- Jun 2, 1989 - SHORT STUFF Before the Cubs Cards game tomorrow Mike Schmidt will appear on Channel 3 on NBC's Major League Baseball An Inside Look at 2 pm with Marv Albert to discuss his retirement Speaking of Schmitty from 6 to 7 pm today WCAUAM's 1210 Steve Fredericks will host a special tribute ...
- Jun 23, 1989 - BASEBALL In tomorrow's NBCCh 5Game of the Week the Los Angeles Dodgers take on the Reds in Cincinnati Vin Scully and Tom Seaver call the action beginning at 1 15 pm Marv Albert's Major League Baseball An Inside Look precedes at 1 pm. GYMNASTICS CBS Ch 2 airs taped coverage tomorrow ...
- I interviewed him in 1983 for the NBC baseball Game of the Week at a prison in Texas
- Apr 11, 1986 - NBC's pregame showMajor League Baseball An Inside Look debuts with new host Marv Albert replacing Len Berman grilling commissioner Peter Ueberroth Mary Lou Retton's name has popped up as a leading candidate for an analyst's position during NBC's Summer Olympics coverage from Seoul South ...
- Zelasko, 34, is the first woman in more than a decade to host major-league baseball for a network. (Gayle Gardner did it for NBC in 1989.)
- Going great guns: Gayle Gardner, in her finest showing at NBC so far, handled the baseball pregame chores well Saturday, including a gut-wrenching interview of Joe Pepitone from New York's Rikers Island jail. NBC also kept the camera focused on Pepitone, without giving us the obligatory shot of the interviewer.
- 1980 WS An Inside Look... NBC
- May 15, 1981 - ... ... DAYS AGAIN t NEWS CONTINUED FROM DAYTIME 6303 SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT6J NBC NEWS8 ABC NEWS P TIC TAC DOUGH 3d2 S3 CBS NEWS CD SANFORD AND SON 659 ... 0 BRADY BUNCH6 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AN INSIDE LOOK Host Bryant Gumbel Carnation 11 Killer 1973 Norman Eshley Katherlne Schofield No other ...
- Aug 10, 1981 - The 15- pregame show hosted by Bryant Gumbel set the scene nicely, with highlights of the pre- strike action and a moving piece on the comeback effort of JR Richard, ... But overall NBC deserves credit for doing a solid job of bringing major league baseball back into our living roomy.
- Macatee also spent four years as NBC's host of the Major League Baseball Game of the Week pre-game show, as well as pre-game host for NBC's coverage of Major League Baseball's League Championship Series.
- on YouTube