Makedonski Brod Municipality
|Makedonski Brod Municipality
Општина Македонски Брод
|Region||Southwestern Statistical Region|
|Municipal seat||Makedonski Brod|
|• Mayor||Milosim Vojneski (VMRO-DPMNE)|
|• Total||888.97 km2 (343.23 sq mi)|
|• Density||8.03/km2 (20.8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
Makedonski Brod (Macedonian: Македонски Брод [maˈkɛdɔnski brɔt] ( listen)) is a municipality in western Republic of Macedonia, named after the town of Makedonski Brod, where the municipal seat is located. Makedonski Brod Municipality is part of the Southwestern Statistical Region.
The municipality borders
- Želino Municipality and Brvenica Municipality to the north,
- Studeničani and Sopište municipalities to the northeast,
- Čaška and Dolneni municipalities to the southeast,
- Kruševo Municipality to the south,
- Plasnica Municipality to the southwest,
- Kičevo Municipality to the west, and
- Gostivar Municipality to the northwest.
The municipality includes the Kozjak Hydro Power Plant and the associated artificial lake, the largest such lake in the country.
By the August 2004 territorial division of Macedonia, the rural Samokov Municipality was attached to Makedonski Brod Municipality, which then totaled 7,141 inhabitants. Before the merge,
- the municipality of Makedonski Brod had 5,517 inhabitants in 1994 and 5,558 in 2002.
- Samokov Municipality had 2,057 inhabitants in 1994 and 1,553 in 2002.
Ethnic groups in the municipality:
- Gjurčin Naumov - Pljakot, revolutionary, born in Slansko
- Tasa Konević, Macedonian Serb Chetnik, born in Krapa
- Micko Krstić, Macedonian Serb Chetnik, born in Latovo
- Zafir Premčević, Macedonian Serb Chetnik, born in Ljupšte
- Trenko Rujanović, Macedonian Serb Chetnik, born in Krapa
- Ilija Slanštanec, writer and historian, born in Slansko
- Dane Stojanović, Macedonian Serb Chetnik, born in Krapa
- Božidar Vidoeski, linguist, born in Zvečan
- 2002 census results in English and Macedonian (PDF)
- Николов, Борис. ВМОРО - псевдоними и шифри 1893-1934, Звезди, 1999, стр.79
- Ристе Наумовски, „Предговор“, во: Илија Сланштанец, По стапки од младост - раскази од младежта, Скопје, 1959, стр. 6.
- "БИБЛИОГРАФИЈА НА ТРУДОВИТЕ НА АКАДЕМИК БОЖИДАР ВИДОЕСКИ". MANU. Archived from the original on 12 December 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2015.