Muddy Branch Stream near Esworthy Rd
|• location||Gaithersburg, MD|
|North of Pennyfield Lock, Potomac, MD|
|Length||11.9 miles (19.2 km)|
The headwaters of the stream originate in Gaithersburg, and the stream flows southwest for 11.9 miles (19.2 km), through Muddy Branch Park and Blockhouse Point Conservation Park, under the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal near Pennyfield Lock, to the Potomac River.
- Decoverly Tributary
- Dufief Tributary
- Lakes Tributary
- Pennyfield Lock Tributary
- Potomac Grove Tributary
- Query Mill Tributary
- Quince Orchard Knolls Tributary
- Rich Branch
- Route 28 Tributary
Parts of Muddy Branch flow through Blockhouse Point Conservation Park and the Muddy Branch Stream Valley Park. The Muddy Branch Greenway Trail is a 9 miles (14 km) long natural surface trail that runs from the Potomac River to Darnestown Road. along Muddy Branch. There is a boat ramp on Muddy Branch just before it goes under the C & O canal that can be used by small boats (such as canoes and kayaks) to access the Potomac River.
Muddy Branch Stream behind Morris Park, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed August 15, 2011
- "Muddy Branch Greenway Trail". Montgomery County Department of Parks. 2019-10-22. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "Pennyfield Lock Neighborhood Conservation Area". Montgomery County Department of Parks. 2020-01-02. Retrieved 2020-10-21.
- Muddy Branch and Watts Branch Subwatersheds Implementation Plan (2012) - Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Muddy Branch Alliance - Community watershed group
|This article about a location in Montgomery County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|