Munson Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||35.94 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.94 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||741 ft (226 m)|
|• Density||11.1/sq mi (4.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61235, 61238, 61254|
|GNIS feature ID||0429413|
Munson Township is one of twenty-four townships in Henry County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 400 and it contained 132 housing units. Munson changed its name from Centre township on April 13, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.94 square miles (93.1 km2), all land.
- Geneseo Township (north)
- Atkinson Township (northeast)
- Cornwall Township (east)
- Burns Township (southeast)
- Cambridge Township (south)
- Andover Township (southwest)
- Osco Township (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Greenlee and Munson.
- Cambridge Community Unit School District 227
- Geneseo Community Unit School District 228
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 36
- State Senate District 37
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Munson Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Geneseo Township||Atkinson Township|
|Osco Township||Cornwall Township|
|Andover Township||Cambridge Township||Burns Township|