Oxford Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||35.61 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.56 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||34.1/sq mi (13.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61262, 61413, 61465, 61468
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.61 square miles (92.2 km2), of which 35.56 square miles (92.1 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Oxford at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- Lynn Township (north)
- Clover Township (east)
- Ontario Township, Knox County (southeast)
- Rio Township, Knox County (south)
- North Henderson Township, Mercer County (southwest)
- Rivoli Township, Mercer County (west)
- Richland Grove Township, Mercer County (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Alpha, Oxford, Saint Johns and Summit Level.
- Crescent Lake
- Skona Lake
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Alwood Community Unit School District 225
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Oxford Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- United States National Atlas