|Area||0.91 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- land||0.91 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,989.1 / sq mi (768 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Orion, Illinois|
Orion (The "Or" is pronounced "oar" and the "i" like a long "e") is a village in Henry County, Illinois, United States. The population was 1,861 at the 2010 census. It is the site for transmitters for many of the Quad Cities' radio and television stations, including KLJB, KWQC-TV, WMWC-TV, WQAD-TV, WQPT-TV and KQIN. FM radio station transmitters include WLKU and WXLP.
Orion was laid out on December 26, 1853, by Charles W. Dean. Until 1867 it was called Deanington.
Orion is located at (41.353260, -90.377229).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.91 square miles (2.4 km2), all land.
- Central Park Music Pavilion – 1208 5th Street
- West Water Tower and Ground Storage Tank – 310 11th Avenue
Public schools in Orion are governed by Orion Community Unit School District 223. While the districts educates pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, it does not account for private and non-profit preschools also available.
- The History of Henry County, Illinois, Its Tax-Payers and Voters. Chicago: H. F. Kett and Company. 1877. p. 520–524.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- http://www.nps.gov/nr/listings/20020531.htm NPS National Register of Historic Places Listings May 31, 2002
- http://www.nps.gov/nr/listings/20030214.htm National Register of Historic Places Listings February 14, 2003