Murray Falls, in 2013
|Location||Far North Queensland, Australia|
|Total height||20–30 metres (66–98 ft)|
|Number of drops||1|
Location and features
The Murray Falls are situated in the Girramay National Park, approximately 38 kilometres (24 mi) southwest of Tully, off the Bruce Highway between Tully and Cardwell. The falls descend between 20–30 metres (66–98 ft) and may be viewed from a boardwalk and viewing platform. A short walking track through the rainforest leads to a lookout, where the falls and the Murray Valley can be viewed. In the year ended 2012, the falls received an estimated 31,500 visitors.
In 2003, a man died in hospital after falling at the falls.
- "Murray Falls (QLD)". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- "Murray Falls (entry 23611)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "Murray Falls". World of Waterfalls. Johnny T. Cheng. 16 May 2008.
- Bentrupperbäumer, J. M (November 2002). "WTWHA Site Level Visitor Survey Dry & Wet Season 2001/02: Murray Falls" (PDF) (PDF). James Cook University and the Rainforest Cooperative Research Centre for Tropical Rainforest Ecology and Management. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Murray Falls". Cardwell Shire Council. Archived from the original on 14 September 2009. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Murray Falls, Girramay National Park". Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing. Government of Queensland. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Tourist dies at Murray Falls". ABC News Online. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 21 January 2003. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Murray Falls, Girramay National Park". Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing. Government of Queensland. 30 May 2013.
- "Murray Falls Rainforest Walk". Wet Tropics Management Authority.
- "Murray Falls Boardwalk Walk". Wet Tropics Management Authority.
|This waterfall-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Far North Queensland geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|