Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site
|Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site|
|Missouri State Historic Site|
|Area||400.2 acres (162 ha) |
|Management||Missouri Department of Natural Resources|
|Website: Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site|
Nathan Boone House
|Location||1.75 miles (2.82 km) north of Ash Grove on Highway V, near Ash Grove, Missouri|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Built by||Boone, Nathan; Et al.|
|Architectural style||saddle-bag pioneer log house|
|NRHP Reference #||69000103|
|Added to NRHP||October 1, 1969|
Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site is located in southwest Missouri, United States, near Ash Grove. The site was established in 1991 to preserve Nathan Boone's home. Nathan was the youngest child of Daniel Boone. The site offers an interpretive trail plus tours of the home and cemetery.
Nathan Boone House
Nathan Boone House is a historic home located at the Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site. It was built in 1837, and is a 1 1/2-story, story "Classic" saddle-bag pioneer log house. It is constructed of hand-hewn oak log walls that rest on a stone foundation.:4
- "State parks...estimated acres" (PDF). Revised Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan: 2008-2012. Missouri Department of Natural Resources. pp. 142–143. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "General Information: Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site". Missouri State Parks. Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved October 16, 2014.
- Martha L. Kusiak (July 1969). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Nathan Boone House" (PDF). Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2017-01-01. (includes 12 photographs from 1979)
- Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site Missouri Department of Natural Resources
|This article about a property in Greene County, Missouri on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|