Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple
|• Total||8.51 km2 (3.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||340/km2 (870/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Vijayawada|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tiruvuru|
As of the 2011[update] Census of India, Nemali had a total population of 2,867 of which 1,481 were male and 1,386 female —a sex ratio of 936 females per 1000 males. There were 287 children in the 0–6 year age group of which 143 were boys and 144 girls. The average literacy rate stands at 62.29% with 1,607 literates, higher than the district average of 73.70%.
Government and politics
Nemali falls under the administration of Gampalagudem mandal and is represented by the Tiruvuru Assembly constituency, which in turn represents Andhra Pradesh's Vijayawada Lok Sabha constituency. As of November 2014[update] the MLA representing the constituency is Kokkiligadda Rakshana Nidhi of the YSR Congress Party.
Nemali is hometown of famous modern times poet Dr Rallabhandi Kavitha Prasad (late) who served as director, Dept of Culture, Govt of Andhra Pradesh and also worked as secretary of Dharma Prachara Parishad (DPP), in TTD, Tirupati. Kavita Prasad was the author of several books. He penned the books 'Avadhana Vidya - Arambha Vikasalu', 'Padyamandapam', 'Agnihimsa', 'Idi Kavisamayam', 'Saptagiridhama Kaliyuga Sarvabhouma'.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,232. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 524. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. pp. 42–43. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 20. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Member's Report". Andhra Pradesh Legislature Assembly. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Telugu Poet Rallabandi Kavita Prasad Dies of Illness". Gulte.com.
- "Dr. Rallabandi Kavita Prasad - Authors - Home - తెలుగు పుస్తకాలు Telugu books - Kinige". Kinige.
The most powerful Lord Krishna's temple exists in this holy place.
The famous astrologist and called as Nemali Siddanthi. Sri Shivaiah garu serves so many people with his knowledge.
|This article about a location in Krishna district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|