Ng Ling Ling
Ng Ling Ling
N̂g Lêng-lêng (Hokkien POJ)
|Member of Parliament|
for Ang Mo Kio GRC
|Assumed office |
10 July 2020
|Preceded by||Intan Azura Mokhtar (PAP)|
|Born||1972 (age 49–50)|
|Political party||People's Action Party|
|Alma mater||Raffles Junior College|
Nanyang Technological University (BAcy)
Australian National University (MPA)
Ng Ling Ling (Chinese: 黄玲玲; pinyin: Huáng Línglíng; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: N̂g Lêng-lêng; born 1972) is a Singaporean politician, banker and civil servant. A member of the governing People's Action Party (PAP), she has been the Member of Parliament (MP) representing the Jalan Kayu division of Ang Mo Kio GRC since 2020.
Ng attended Raffles Girls' School and Raffles Junior College. She graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor of Accountancy in 1994 and completed a Master of Public Administration at the Australian National University in 2003.
On graduation, Ng was in the banking industry for six years. In 2001, she joined the social service sector by working at the National Council of Social Service. Ng became the managing director of the Community Chest for five years, stepping down in June 2018. Ng was the former chief of future primary care and director of community engagement at the Ministry of Health's Office for Healthcare Transformation.
Ng was fielded in the 2020 general election to contest in Ang Mo Kio GRC when Ang Hin Kee and Intan Azura Mokhtar stepped down from their respective wards and politics. She is on the People's Action Party's (PAP) ticket against the Reform Party. Ng's running mates were Lee Hsien Loong, Darryl David, Gan Thiam Poh and Nadia Ahmad Samdin. On 11 July 2020, Ng and the PAP team were declared elected Members of Parliament representing Ang Mo Kio GRC in the 14th Parliament after garnering 71.91% of the valid votes. She was then appointed deputy chairwoman of the Health Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) in Parliament.
- "MP | Parliament of Singapore".
- Ng, Ling Ling. "Ng Ling Ling CV" (PDF). Parliament of Singapore.
- "GE2020: PAP unveils third group of potential candidates, including former IMDA chief executive". CNA. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- Toh, Ting Wei (24 August 2018). "Former managing director of Community Chest Ng Ling Ling named Her World's Woman of the Year". The Straits Times. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- "2018 Ng Ling Ling – Her World Woman of The Year". Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- "GE2020: PAP team led by PM Lee sees challenge from Reform Party in Ang Mo Kio GRC". CNA. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- "GE2020: PM Lee's team wins Ang Mo Kio GRC with 71.91% of votes". CNA. Retrieved 11 July 2020.