In November 2008, certain intellectual property assets of PacWind were acquired by WePOWER, LLC. Since then, the original PacWind website has gone offline, and none of the original turbine designs are available for sale. The WePOWER product lineup as of the end of 2009 were the Falcon series turbines ranging from 600W to 12 kW.
On May 17, 2007, PacWind gained a large amount of publicity when TV personality Jay Leno announced that, as part of an ongoing project with Popular Mechanics, he would be having one of the 'Delta II' (10Kw) model turbines installed on the roof of his garage.
- Business Wire, PacWind Technology's Scaleable [sic] Vertical Axis Wind Turbine Efficiently and Quietly Generates Electricity for Remote Locations, May 23, 2006
- RenewableEnergyWorld.com, Two Small Wind Turbine Developments Propel Industry Upward, June 5, 2006
- Energy Resource, PacWind Begins Rollout of New Wind Power Products, February 13, 2007
- WePOWER, LLC - Products
- Stuart, Ben, Jay Leno Builds a Wind Turbine on His Green Garage, Popular Mechanics, May 17, 2007
- Carpenter, Susan, Green goes Jay Leno's Big Dog Garage, Los Angeles Times, November 7, 2007
- Living With Ed Episode Guide, I Spy Bill Nye
- Glenn Collins, In Times Square, a Company’s Name in (Wind- and Solar-Powered) Lights, New York Times, November 14, 2008.